Drugs and driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martyz

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
ClK 209,190E 201,SLK 170(gone) audi tt vr6 3.2
Well as I am sure you all know as from today plod can detect at the roadside drivers with illegal drugs in their system,well cannabis and cocaine to be precise along with some abused prescription drugs.
Will this work? if it does I would expect a massive amount of of convictions,
and a workload that will bring traffic officers their worst nightmare,your thoughts guys?

Everyone needs to switch from alcohol and cannabis to heroin as it doesn't stay in your system as long. Problem solved.

More power to the police IMO. Anyone who drives under the influence of drink or drugs should be penalised. There is no excuse, we are bombarded with information telling us it is bad so why risk the lives of yourself, passengers and others. Of course this is easy for me to say because I don't drink or take drugs :)

There is no excuse, we are bombarded with information telling us it is bad so why risk the lives of yourself, passengers and others. )

Are we?
I'm not up to date on the drug thing, I know being drunk is well documented.
I used to drive under the influence of cannabis way over 20 years ago and it's not like drink. And as far as I know cocaine isn't like drink, the assumption i'm under is it just makes you happy and confident(not like 'I can beat the world' or 'I'm the best' confident) and doesn't really change any perceptions?

Obviously it's illegal to have drugs on your possession etc but is there a set limit for driving? what will be the prosecution under? a drug offence or a driving offence? is it zero limit?

I'm not sticking up for drugs but it seems to be a bit more towards drug offences than driving safety.

Weed nowadays is different to the weed you smoked 20 years ago.

80% is skunk , doesn't have the same effect as it used to ( everyone gets spaced out and giggly )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom