Druk.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can only echo all that has been said on here. There are some very decent & intelligent people on here with all saying what an amazing gent Derek was. I was never blessed to have met Derek & it seems my loss. I'm sure we would have much in common & had some good chats.

All I can offer is my condolences & best wishes to all Derek's family. Please take solace in that he was obviously so well loved & so highly appreciated & thought of. Also that as sad as it is he didn't suffer a long painful battle.

I am truly shocked at how quick that this happened & it should be a lesson to us all to enjoy every day that we have been given. It can all change in an instant.

So all please seize the moment, seize the day, seize all and any opportunity whatever it may be. You never know it may be your last chance to do so.

A bit dark I know but we can't ignore these things & need to tackle them head on. With this attitude and open/transparent talking I'm sure mental illness & health would benefit.

May you rest in peace Derek. Your legacy on here will continue eternally. You can't do much better than that to be remembered forever. A life well lived, enjoyed & loved forever.

x [emoji257]

I have had some tears over the last few days...but last week Derek sent me this photo which is now my screensaver and always will be......
He will forever be in my heart...my flights to Edinburgh are again booked for this Monday to have gone and seen him again, sadly it was not to be.
Rest in peace mate.

rsz_dereks_sl_2.jpg

I haven’t got an oportunity of meeting Derek but loved reading his posts on this forum.
Without a doubt he must have been a great gent and will be sadly missed.
Condolences to family and friends.
RIP Derek

RIP Derek, very sorry to hear of his passing.

Derek, Vin & I had a 'MB Admin' Whatsapp group chat where we would share (mostly un-PC :) ) jokes and banter. - had a couple of jokes from him last Monday :(

This is now my desktop image. Thanks for posting it, Derek.

druk-saltire-jpg.75519

It shows Derek 'The Man'.
There's no way I'm brave enough to do a job like that.

I can sort of hear Derek saying "Well, if yae sink, yae sink!"

My dyslexic side imagines that compared to others on dry land, the photo-shopped flag exposed to the sea water, would be SALTIER.

Edit. Del, if you have the image without the flag available, can I have a copy, please?

Last edited:
This is now my desktop image. Thanks for posting it, Derek.

druk-saltire-jpg.75519

It shows Derek 'The Man'.
There's no way I'm brave enough to do a job like that.

I can sort of hear Derek saying "Well, if yae sink, yae sink!"

?

They had a newer one of these delivered when me and my brother were up staying with him on one of his weeks off, as soon as it was there we dropped everything jumped the car and we were straight there, he grabbed the keys chucked us both on with a life jacket and off we went, Boy did it shift! He cranked the steering over so hard water was rushing against the side windows it was leant so far over! “It’s ok boys he shouted it’s meant to be un-sinkable!”
It was damn good fun.

They had a newer one of these delivered when me and my brother were up staying with him on one of his weeks off, as soon as it was there we dropped everything jumped the car and we were straight there, he grabbed the keys chucked us both on with a life jacket and off we went, Boy did it shift! He cranked the steering over so hard water was rushing against the side windows it was leant so far over! “It’s ok boys he shouted it’s meant to be un-sinkable!”
It was damn good fun.

Happy Days!

Brilliant and so Derek. :cool: :rock:

I loved Derek's sense of mischief, which sometimes made me feel like a guilty schoolboy accomplice! For example, we were at MB World once, and he was always compelled to investigate engine bays etc, such was his inquisitive mind. "Let's see how long it takes them to sort that out." he said as we walked away from one car that he'd disconnected some component from!!

One of the main reasons I admired Derek was how, whenever he found something he didn’t like, he didn’t moan and whinge about it, he got on with changing it to suit his needs, the SAAB seats earlier mentioned by Paul a great example; he knew what he wanted and wasn’t held back by dogma.

Still struggling to come to terms with his passing to be honest though, really am.

Just spoken to Bette Post Mortem was conducted today.

As a “newbie” to this forum and a fellow Scot, it is with some sadnes I read about a man I’ve never met or shared any posts with.
Life can be very hard at times, I’ve lost both my brothers-in-law and my eldest brother within the last two years and when our XF was written off we decided to “splash ou” so we purchased our CLS.

I told my boys, Mum & Dads learning to SKI. That’s Spend Kids Inheritance.

Live life, enjoy life as sometimes it can be so short.

RIP Derek. And our condolences to his family and friends.

I never knew or shared posts with Derek that i recall but after reading through pages of the warmth, love and humour felt towards I wish i did.

Rest in peace Derek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom