Druk.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Upsetting yet inspirational thread this. I’m only quite new to this forum but Derek made me feel welcome from the off, and a glimpse of an E350 with caravan in tow made me want dat unit! A loss for me to have never met the great and endlessly respected man himself. R.I.P Druck

Quick - get on Quest+1 Sky ch 244, NOW!

CLassic Car Rescue (a hideous programme generally), but whilst restoring a 107 SL, they interviewed a few 107 owners from the official owners club, our man Derek being one of them.

Derek.jpg

Seems like yesterday when that video was made, but must be 5 or 6 years ago Mike?

Seems like yesterday when that video was made, but must be 5 or 6 years ago Mike?

I was there, Ray, but I was calling in on the way through to somewhere else. It was 2013 if I remember correctly, and it was some sort of pottery centre near Stoke, I think. Derek was laughing about his interview as the purists wouldn't have approved, and you can hear his irreverent cackle when he talks about it in his piece to camera! Sadly missed.

Please do not be sad. Derek leaves a great legacy on this forum that we can see, read about and enjoy every day. His class and style lives on and we can all celebrate the man and the friend. Few get to touch so many in such a nice way. Mrs Millar is wearing the necklace from Derek’s sister and bought as a gift in his memory at BOTG.

Smile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please do not be sad. Derek leaves a great legacy on this forum that we can see, read about and enjoy every day. His class and style lives on and we can all celebrate the man and the friend. Few get to touch so many in such a nice way. Mrs Millar is wearing the necklace from Derek’s sister and bought as a gift in his memory at BOTG.

Smile.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good words, Bruce. He was hospitable and generous almost to a fault, and often invited us up to stay, suggesting we fly and have the use of his SL for a Scottish tour (pre diesel!) when we arrived. He was also a great catalyst at car meets, as I happily stay in the background. I'll look out for you at the next one!

Reactions: 219
Haha - good old Derek - he always did enjoy winding people up. I spotted Ian in his green R129 as well.

Reactions: 219
I lost a friend yesterday morning to mental health issues and it reminded me of the saying “it’s not how many years are in your life but the life in your years”.

You were one of those too pal, I hope that if there is an afterlife then you’re up to as much mischief up there as you were down here!

This is a late responce And i am so sorry to hear this . I see Druk was a well liked man .I wish i had known Druk .The man was a huge help to other members on the forum and off . RIP DRUK .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom