Druk.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I haven't been online in a few years and I am shocked to here Derek is gone.
I shared a curry or two with him in Glasgow and he made a huge impression on me

A fantastic knowledgeable guy

Condolences to his friends and family

May he rest in peace

he made a huge impression on me
I think he made a huge impression with everyone who’d ever met him - such a great man.

Even now I can hear his voice in my head - the way he rolled the L in my name - normally when he was putting me straight about something! The world is definitely a poorer place for his absence. 😔

Three years next month RIP mate, miss ya

There's something about these Fisherman's Friend links that always make me think of Derek, which, apart from the obvious, capture a bit of his blasé nature!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

First time back here for an awful long time after I fell way out of love with all things Benz. I came on thanks to a rather chance 'meeting' with our very own Dash way outside of this forum.
I counted Derek as a good pal - we spent many a time on the phone from opposite ends of the country - sadly he and I had lost touch a bit just through the passage of time, and we had some pretty big issues as a family losing someone very unexpectedly not so very long before Derek himself was diagnosed - looking back I think he tried to call me a couple of times and I didn't pick up -I fear I know why now, which sticks in the throat a bit.
RIP pal - your sharp tongue and dry humour are missed mate. Give the young'un up there a kick up the jacksie for me will you?

after I fell way out of love with all things Benz.
Probably thanks to my old 124 estate!

Glad to see you here, John, and hope you're okay. So sad about Derek.

Probably thanks to my old 124 estate!

Glad to see you here, John, and hope you're okay. So sad about Derek.
I'm okay Mike - that estate did get me all riled up but it was the fault of the idiot who serviced it as I was too busy. Was a lot more going on than that at the time - trust me! Hope you are well. Very sad - Dash and I, and Lee and I were chatting about him on text last night.

I'm okay Mike - that estate did get me all riled up but it was the fault of the idiot who serviced it as I was too busy. Was a lot more going on than that at the time - trust me! Hope you are well. Very sad - Dash and I, and Lee and I were chatting about him on text last night.
We're good thanks, John. Still have the E500, jeez, that's nine years ago now. Hope to see more of you here.

RIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom