DS5 revealed: If it's well built, it's a winner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
Released today, the third DS in the range. This one's about the size of a Mondeo and around £23-25k rising to £30k for hybrid diesel. If this feels as well screwed together as the DS3 I sat in - they may well have a winner on their hands.

Attachments

• 91CitroenDS5conceptShanghai2011pictures.jpg
    91CitroenDS5conceptShanghai2011pictures.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 7CitroenDS5conceptShanghai2011pictures.jpg
    7CitroenDS5conceptShanghai2011pictures.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 5CitroenDS5conceptShanghai2011pictures.jpg
    5CitroenDS5conceptShanghai2011pictures.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 133
Citroën would like to think so ;) (or Dali?)

oooh and the front too... :cool:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-18 at 21.16.24.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-04-18 at 21.16.24.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 123
Horrible ergonomics.

All the buttons and toggles down by the 8 way controller, how long before someone reaches for the electric window button and pulls the parking brake, or drives into the back of someone while looking for the traffic button...

Wow, what a beauty, Almost all the cars nowadays look capable looks wise and built wise. (correct English??)

edit: The first picture of those buttons... ummmmmmmmmmmm

Over-styled bread van.

The use of the marvellous DS name to flog that is sacrilege.

As with most of their new models,it still looks too normal to be a proper Citroen. They should´t be using the DS name,the DS was like nothing else on the roads. Iḿ quite partial to the C6,although I feel it should have had proper wings at the rear.

The central console bit will be a bugger to keep clean - my dog's claws would wreck it in a week.. bit fussy for me and I generally like French design...

Ade

Not bad looking at all, but I cant help but wonder if someone over at Citroen has been playing a little too much Crysis 2.....

boxshotuklargena.jpg

As a gamer, this pleases me.

When I'm not wearing my MB enthusiast cap, I'm a Citroen enthusiast. Here are two of mine at a photo shoot.

Telegraph1.jpg

I'm primarily interested in classic and modern classic cars. I too think the DS name shouldn't have been used. Nevertheless, this DS5 is an interesting looking car. Does anybody else think the seats are a little reminiscent of CX seats?

Two beautiful Goddesses side by side.
The DS was always one of my favourite cars as a child - Her looks have improved with age.

When I'm not wearing my MB enthusiast cap, I'm a Citroen enthusiast. Here are two of mine at a photo shoot.

Telegraph1.jpg

I'm primarily interested in classic and modern classic cars. I too think the DS name shouldn't have been used. Nevertheless, this DS5 is an interesting looking car. Does anybody else think the seats are a little reminiscent of CX seats?

Not really, apart from the crocodile leather pattern, CX seats were more square shaped.

Lovely pair of DS you have, are they genuine Pallas models or is the white one a Super?
You are fortunate living in sunny climes, old DS/CX/GS/SM just turn into ferric dust over here, though there is a healthy demand for them.

I'd love a proper DS but can't even get onto sorting my 3 XM at present.

BTW. The new DS and all future Citroen models don't and wont ride on gas, they are on steel springs now.

What a shame, all Cits should be sinkers.

Two gorgeous cars!

Staggering to consider that the DS and its variants were produced for twenty years until 1975 and replaced the Traction Avant which started life in 1934 and went on in various guises - some with DS underpinnings - until 1957! Just two models in over 40 years.:D

CITROEN-15CV1938L.jpg

Give a DS flush glazing, a reliable rotary engine and modern safety gear and it would still be ahead of its time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom