DSB SL AMG’s SL300 (R129) AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
Gallery thread here:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/members-gallery/83273-my-sl300-r129-amg.html

contains some questions, but only the OP is allowed to post there!

My SL300 (R129) AMG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys, I'm new to forum, bought a 1992 SL300 AMG last year, pure White with full ox blood leather interior, looked at many SL's and thought this was unusual spec...is it rare in these colours? pics on members album!

Look forward to any info.

Thanks

Very clean White nice example, Full Ox blood leather interior, car spent most of early life in Marbella enjoying the sun as a holiday car...unusual spec i thought as i looked at many.....is this a rare car in this spec?

So ...

Yes, looks like a nice car and I think it's a rare colour combination.

There are a couple of things that look a little strange though.

It looks like the rear skirt is cut to clear the tailpipes, whereas an R129 AMG back box normally has lower tailpipes ... to clear the skirt without it needing to be relieved. I put an AMG box on mine (which does not have a rear skirt), and it looked a bit daft! I had to get the tailpipes cut & re-welded to raise them up.

Pretty sure the wheels are not original as they're a later design. Hard to be certain from the pics. but they look like replicas (no //AMG markings?).

Unusual to have a RHD car in Marbella?

Anyway, I'm not normally a fan of white cars but I think yours looks great with the red leather interior!

Hi Bill.

Thanks for info...the early service stamps are from Benz dealers in Marbella and Barcelona so i presume the person who owned the car either lived there or was often there on hols...

Yes its an unusual colour combination, i think you could be correct about rear bumper being routered to take AMG tail pipes..just looked, its a nice job tho as there curves are smooth with no flat spots...am looking forward to meeting up with some enthusiasts in summer so i can show it...

Cheers

Last edited:
While I wouldn't drive a white car with an "ox blood" interior, I'm glad that cars like this exist and glad that it's obviously making you happy :D

It's certainly a stunning car! Enjoy!

thanks...have had some really nasty comments on other forums from what i think are jealous, SAD ppl...its really nice to see genuine enthusiasts on here with constructive advise... :)

It looks great, I quite like the colour combo.

Enjoy the car!

thanks...have had some really nasty comments on other forums from what i think are jealous, SAD ppl...its really nice to see genuine enthusiasts on here with constructive advise... :)

It's like Marmite - you love it or hate it. White isn't particularly rare for the early R129s - though that's the first time I've seen an interior like that.

To be precise it's a 300SL or an 300SL-24 - not an SL300 AMG.

You weren't at Brooklands Museum on Sunday were you , there was a car exactly like this in the car park. :)

Hi Bill.

Thanks for info...the early service stamps are from Benz dealers in Marbella and Barcelona so i presume the person who owned the car either lived there or was often there on hols...

Yes its an unusual colour combination, i think you could be correct about rear bumper being routered to take AMG tail pipes..just looked, its a nice job tho as there curves are smooth with no flat spots...am looking forward to meeting up with some enthusiasts in summer so i can show it...

Cheers
Put you name down on the National gtg :thumb:

Funnily enough on Sunday someone came to see a car and they came in a White R129 with the same wheels!! I didnt see the interior..

The only way it differed on the exterior was that his lower claddings were colour coded...

How many white R129's can there be with those AMG replicas!

No it wasnt me on Sunday...how many R129 pre facelift with ox blood interior..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom