DSR: Return of Item (Postage)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
A quickie - I just got an item bought on ebay (buy-it-now, not auction).... problem is, it's damaged.

Before anyone asks, it's a large folding table, and one of the 4 panels is bent to the point it can't be used.

The box it came in wasn't damaged on the outside, and as such, was signed for.

I've emailed the seller and waiting for a response, but in the meantime I'm curious about my rights regarding return shipping cost.

My understanding, under Distance Selling Regulations, I do not need to arrange the return postage, the seller needs to do this, right?
(4) The consumer shall not be under any duty to deliver the goods except at his own premises and in pursuance of a request in writing, or in another durable medium available and accessible to the consumer, from the supplier and given to the consumer either before, or at the time when, the goods are collected from those premises.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2000/2334/regulation/17/made

Problem is, googling this appears to have different interpretations depending on the source... any ideas?

Hopefully the seller will just collect it and get it over with... I would rather not have to cart 11kg to the post office, and pay more than the table is worth to send it back!

M.

paypal will tell you to rreturn the item"signed for" and "tracked" , 9/10 times ive had to pay my own postage to return the item, but they have to refund full cost of item include postage you paid to have it delivered.

see what the seller says first i guess, you may get one which just sends you another table!

The sellers been quiet good, he's offered for the courier to collect the table when they deliver the replacement... alternatively, if I'm willing to bash out the dent he's willing to do a part refund...

I'll ask SWMBO later tonight what she prefers...

I'm still curious about who's liable for return postage under DSR though :p
M.

Depends upon the policy of the vendor. If they wish to make you pay they must disclose it in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom