DTC Codes P0700 & P0715, W210 E280 175k miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark_le_b

Car
2006 W211 E63 AMG
Hi Guys

Can you help me out with DTC codes P0700 & P0715 that my Autel Maxiscan has picked up............both relating to transmission I think??

Car is a 1999 W210 E280 with 175,000 miles!

Somebody wants to use it as a part ex and I'm worried that it may be a big issue.............only giving £750 on part ex., but don't want it to go bang in five mins!

Any thoughts would be helpful, especially on rough costs to remedy.

Thanks

Hi Guys

Can you help me out with DTC codes P0700 & P0715 that my Autel Maxiscan has picked up............both relating to transmission I think??

Car is a 1999 W210 E280 with 175,000 miles!

Somebody wants to use it as a part ex and I'm worried that it may be a big issue.............only giving £750 on part ex., but don't want it to go bang in five mins!

Any thoughts would be helpful, especially on rough costs to remedy.

Thanks

Any thoughts on this?
I was hoping on some thoughts as to whether I should even consider taking as a trade in with these codes.
Thanks again.

Any symptoms?
It would seem no - it changes up and down ok, pretty smootly for an old high mileage car!
Reverse engages ok (maybe a fraction slow/clunky)
I have to confess I didn't try kick-down though.

mark_le_b said:
It would seem no - it changes up and down ok, pretty smootly for an old high mileage car!
Reverse engages ok (maybe a fraction slow/clunky)
I have to confess I didn't try kick-down though.

Fault codes can occur without any fault being present. They could also be old codes too.

I wouldn't worry too much.

Fault codes can occur without any fault being present. They could also be old codes too.

I wouldn't worry too much.
Thanks Olly, appreciate the advice.
It is going to have a transmission fluid change before I take it in part ex, so I'm guessing that can only be a good thing!
Thanks again.

I agree with BlackC55. Mine had loads of fault codes which turned out to be old codes. I cleared mine and they never returned.

Keith

I agree with BlackC55. Mine had loads of fault codes which turned out to be old codes. I cleared mine and they never returned.

Keith
Thanks Keith, appreciate your help.

Cheers

Mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom