Dtc p0404 220 cdi c class sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

t1pper

Car
220cdi
My brother has a C 220cdi sport manual on a 2006, recently he has had an engine light come on, the local garage has fitted a new MAF sensor and an EGR valve, but the light is now back on several days later.
He asked me to look at it and it has an DTC 0404, I can clear the code however the car does not run well when cold, it hesitates at between 2000-3000 rpm, but when warm seems ok.
I understand that the code relates to the EGR system but once cleared I can not find any other problems but it still wont run right when cold.
Lastly he has owned the car from new is well serviced and has just over 100K miles.
Any ideas ?

Bump, the car has dtc of P0404 back as of today, any ideas??

Hello,
Sorry to hear that buddy,why don't you take your car to a garage AGAIN to check it out. There is a great site called http://www.repairanycar.com/. It will introduce you to a network of acclaimed garages in your local area in just a few seconds.
Its just a question of your registration number!!

Hope this helps

Seyi

Last edited:
Thanks ECP for the tip about the recomended garage site.
However I was hoping to repair the car myself and actually learn a bit more about whats behind the cause of the error code.
Every days a school day

I could be wrong but I don't think either the MAF or EGR would put the engine light on on your vehicle, looks like the mechanic is stumped and changing parts at your expense. Where are you based? Just wondering if there is a good indy nearby

Last edited:
Sorry about the message.

My name is Seyi and I am new to the web team in ECP. I am still trying to navigate my way through forums and learn about cars.

Sincere Apologies

Hi,
Thanks for the replies, however I am still finding the error code of P0404 returns after a few days.
As previously mentioned the MAF and EGR valved has been swaped but without fixing the problem.
If possible I would like to fix the problem myself, thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom