DTM @ Brands - Proud Dad :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr E

MB Enthusiast
Car
57 W211 E280 AG
Master E has been getting more marshalling experience during the year, and has been an Assistant Scrutineer for DTM this weekend. He's been assigned to Miguel Molina's garage, getting up close and personal to the RS5 DTM car.

Sounds like he's had a great time - chatting to Toto and Suzi Wolff, meeting Timo Glock in the gents, having lunch with Mike Rockenfeller - and he's busy handing out his CV today (probably not strictly allowed, but you have to take each opportunity).

Wish I was doing such things at his age....

What type of job is he apply for?

He wants to do a bit of spanner-twirling... he finishes up his NVQ3 in Vehicle/Motorsport Engineering this year. My dad's got one eye on him as an ex-F1 bod - I was a major disappointment in not wanting to get my hands dirty (although I can).

Ideally he wanted to do an apprenticeship with a dealer / decent shop, but they are like hen's teeth in this part of the world. So he's been punting his CV around - he gave a couple of copies to the race engineer on his side of the pit (nothing ventured...) as well as giving away a few around the paddock. He does a bit of spare time "free" work at a local place that race-prepares Caterhams, but wants to get some "proper" time under his belt. Means that family and friends have had cheap servicing over the past couple of years, and having seen his work on Mrs E's car as well as his own (and comments from others) I'm sure he's got the skills and ability to get there.

Well done young Mr E, good to hear of a young guy with initiative and enthusiasm.
My 13 year old Son Nathan has just passed his Red Belt Taekwondo Grading and wants to join the Police when he leaves School ( He might change his mind later on ) at least the Taekwondo Training will possibly help on his C.V. if he decides to join the Plods.
Well done again to you Master E:thumb:
BAZZER1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom