dual guage housing...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
I am looking for a dual guage hosuing to go on the A Piller... Demon tweaks have some but they have a ugly lip.... any suggestions....

one for you Mark300SL?

Dials & Guages

I know this is probably going to be of no use, but hey!!!

Whilst i was in Australia earlier in the year i noticed that alot of the cars that had additional guages fitted had them attached to the bonnet so that you read them through the windscreen.

They looked mad but not sure how leagal they would be.:bannana:

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Buy the Taxi cluster and house them in there :D :D :D

pics?

Buy the Taxi cluster and house them in there :D :D :D

Would this be an MB part ?? if so any idea of part number?? I am looking for something to house my speed trap gadgets in that isnt too obtrusive & looks built in , currently have them sort of cut into my phone console on W210 - Shude has seen them ! The arrangement needs sorting out properly :)

Guy posted some pics on here a while ago of his really neat installation in the ashtray location.

Look here

Koolvin does not have an ashtray, he already put his Clarion screen in there!

Oops - answer was for steve_bcs looking for a neat location for 'speed trap gadgets'.:rolleyes:

In that case I quite agree - Guy's stealth install is very nice.

It's a shame Mark is not looking for something -

tum4.jpg

tum5.jpg

Or are you going to get the bug again Mark doing all this work for Koolvin?

If you do a good job the C180 turbo will be keeping up with the SL300 :p

It's a shame Mark is not looking for something -

tum4.jpg

Yeeeeeukkkkkk!! - Fooked up a completely good SL :(

The Unfinished pic of my cassette box conversion on my Rover - and the stealth install of my boost controller into the ashtray. I cut the front off of a standard ashtray - and hinged it with a brass hinge - so the ashtray appears closed - but the front hinges to show the display.

gauges.jpg

gauges2.jpg

Or are you going to get the bug again Mark doing all this work for Koolvin?

Doing it is the fun - though I am fully aware Mosselman do a kit for the 300 - though I would only need a manifold - and build the rest myself :D

If you do a good job the C180 turbo will be keeping up with the SL300 :p

Oi ! - whats with the IF!!

I bloody well hope it will keep up! - it will have about the same power - but less weight - Coz my cars got even more toys than Vin's :D

Mark

nice mounting! can you show a finished pic? my problem is I have no space to mount 2 guages. I have been considering piller mounted but everyone says they are too ricey so I think I will mount them in the glove box :( only problem is I dont like that idea! hmmmmmm...

I tell you what I will order the A pillar mounts and just go for it, if it does look odd then i'll just rip my stereo out, who needs a stereo when you have a dump valve?

I'll look at the gauges with you when you come over

You will have to have an A/F ratio gauge, and boost gauge to set up - After that they are just for show.

We could set it all up - and just go for the Apexi boost controller / boost display :)

heres my "Ghetto" setup installed for testing :D

clockpod.jpg

well I did say it was Ghetto !

Mark

did you just go out and take that pic?

I was gonna say! :eek:

ok here is a frontal of the guages I was supplied with.

guages.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom