Dual screen help needed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mobeyone

MB Enthusiast
Car
E280 S211
I have bought myself a mermaid ventura but for some reason its not working...

All drivers are installed correctly and power comes from the soundcard, no external on/off switches etc.

I have configured the display settings so that windows recogises the second moniter and is set to extend.

Anything else I have missed?

The card works fine, plugged, connected my existing screen to it and works but nothing when connected to the dvi port. On the power supp, one of th terms is brown, I am thinking there maybe something wrong with it? hence no power going to the screen?

WebL1000544.jpg

tia.

Last edited:
Is this a Mermaid PCI Card (4MB) like this one ?
If so the output is analogue VGA, and digital HDMI & 26 pin DFP sockets.
Which digital output are you trying to use?

The MOLEX power connector does look ill. Can you remove the card and use an AVO meter to see if there is a circuit between the browned connector and the next pin in (check resistance only)? The outside pin would normally carry +12V and the pin next to it would be the common return.

masqueraid said:
Is this a Mermaid PCI Card (4MB) like this one ?
yes! I have it connected via a y cable to a spare connecter in my base.

If so the output is analogue VGA, and digital HDMI & 26 pin DFP sockets.
Which digital output are you trying to use?
I am using the socket on the top left above the usb port.

The MOLEX power connector does look ill. Can you remove the card and use an AVO meter to see if there is a circuit between the browned connector and the next pin in (check resistance only)? The outside pin would normally carry +12V and the pin next to it would be the common return.
Afraid not... This is where my IT is a little shall we say in development! I am going to take the card and screen to a local pc repair shop hoping they can fix this. I have a feeling there is no power supply... would you agree? and if so is this an easy fix or is it all buggered?

The card does work, just no power to the screen which leaves me with either a damaged card or damageed screen.....

Last edited:
I'm assuming the video connector came with the screen. So this could also be suspect.

Which model screen are you using?

I don't know of any that don't have an external power source. They've got to pull at least 40-50W to drive them. Can you explain how this one connects to its power supply? Your question implies it's pulling power from the PC motherboard connectors.

'fraid my money is currently on dead screen :(

Hmmm, not happy.

Well, the screen is a 150DT. It does not have an external power source, I even asked and was told that this version did not require one and used the computer to power the screen because of its efficency....

Anyways, searched all over and could not find a socket anyways. I have added some photos, not good quality (with the phone).

Image018.jpg

Image017.jpg

Image015.jpg

Image014.jpg

On the card, the molex is connected to a spare molex socket on the motherbaord of the pc via a y link cable. I thought the same about the power required but have been told that this is the way with these screens?

I too am thinking dead screen..... will find out for sure tomorrow.

Unless its me being completley stupid!

Can't find a manual for the 150DT online.

The 150 comes with a 40W power supply unit and cable in the box :confused:

Does yours have a four button control pad hidden under the bottom edge of the screen?

What refresh rate is your graphics card set at? The manufacturers suggest you set it at 640x480 x 60Hz to begin with and then (once it is working!) to 1024x768 x 60Hz.

To be honest I'd try both!

Wonder if there is a socket for a power supply accessible once you have the stand removed?

The 150 is the later version, mine is an early one and does not have the 4 buttons! Just a slide button which i think is for (sound) balance.

The card has been set at 1024x768 x 60Hz but the lowest i can set the rate to is 800x600.

I have been playing with the settings all day!! Its drving me bonkers! I even removed the card, reinstalled the drivers and still nothing....

I might have a blast at removing the base....

If you force your PC into safe mode you'll get 640x480x60Hz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom