Dublin - where to stay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
Looking at the possibility of going to Dublin for a weekend - two couples - their 40th and 50th's this year so want a weekend break. Know nothing about Dublin other than it's in Ireland :D so where does one stay - which area etc? Can get cheap flights from Doncaster Airport - but have no idea about where would be best to stay.

Ideas please?

Highly recommended hotel in Dublin is called The Clarence and is owned by the boys from U2. Worth a look, but not too cheap. A quick expedia check shows 230+ per night.

I've stayed in the Burlington, which was a mile or so away from the city centre. Standard 4 star, nice rooms, good staff and quiet location. Lovely walk into town on a sunny day.

Nicest cab drivers in the world. Would take you somewhere, charge you peanuts, turn off the meter and then talk to you for 15 minutes.

Main tourist drinking area is called Temple Bar and is quite a laugh, although full of visiting british louts. Locals wouldn't stop buying drinks for my wife and I, and got offended if I tried to buy for them.

Big stupid needle in the middle of town, which seems to amuse the locals.

Reasonable shopping too.

pammy said:
Looking at the possibility of going to Dublin for a weekend - two couples - their 40th and 50th's this year so want a weekend break. Know nothing about Dublin other than it's in Ireland :D so where does one stay - which area etc? Can get cheap flights from Doncaster Airport - but have no idea about where would be best to stay.

Ideas please?

Pammy - if you have not been yet PM me and I can advise.

I've stayed at the Hibernian in Dublin .... very central, and very nice indeed - was a few years ago, mind. Food especially was excellent.

S.

I'll have a chat with my mate and see if they've thought any more about what they want to do. Has been sidetracked a bit due to other things :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom