Duff cup holder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wezzel

Car
C220 cdi Sport Estate
I've just purchased one of those squiffy cup holders for my W202. The one that folds out of the centre console.

As a piece of clever design it's brilliant. As a cup holder it's crap. My car cup wobbles about so much I daren't move the car with it in place in case it pours the contents of the cup down through the auto box gear lever hole.

Perhaps it's just me being thick :confused: but the one I previously bought from Halfrauds for a fiver (which clips to the air vent) was much more secure. I wouldn't take it out though 'cos I like it for the entertainment value :)

Wezzel said:
I've just purchased one of those squiffy cup holders for my W202. The one that folds out of the centre console.

As a piece of clever design it's brilliant. As a cup holder it's crap. My car cup wobbles about so much I daren't move the car with it in place in case it pours the contents of the cup down through the auto box gear lever hole.

Perhaps it's just me being thick :confused: but the one I previously bought from Halfrauds for a fiver (which clips to the air vent) was much more secure. I wouldn't take it out though 'cos I like it for the entertainment value :)

Sounds like ----- Keep the holder and change the cup. :)

erm, you have screwed it in place? mines so secure I could (nearly) stand on it.

Is it a cup holder? or a can holder?

I use mine for holding cans of pop - they are a perfect fit.

Paul G

You need to shove it down into the hole HARD until it clicks loudly. Then it will be firm.

Bodywork Section?? Me thinks this cup holder thread is better suited to the Interior Section. :)

S.

Whoops sorry I had intended to post into the interior section. My mouse must have slipped.

The holder is properly and securely fixed to the car. It's the actual holder which doesn't seem to support the cups very firmly. Perhaps I'll try a few different cups to see it I get a better fit.

the 202 one was never all that great at holding cups in the top section , i used to put my coffee in the lower section of the cupholder.

I managed to get a Thermos mug from starbucks that the base of it is the same size as a can of "pop" or soda depending on what floats your boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom