Dunlops - Difference?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c43amg84

Car
C43 AMG Coupe
I am in the process of replacing my front tyres (for some reason the fronts have worn quicker than the rears)

I want Dunlops but does anyone know the difference between Sport Maxx RT2 and SP Sport Maxx GT and SP Sport Maxx ?? The only difference I can see is the price!

Does that mean it's more built towards performance?

I am in the process of replacing my front tyres (for some reason the fronts have worn quicker than the rears)

I want Dunlops but does anyone know the difference between Sport Maxx RT2 and SP Sport Maxx GT and SP Sport Maxx ?? The only difference I can see is the price!
I would buy whatever is on the rear, personally.

It's often considered good practice to replace all four tyres on an all wheel drive car, but I'm not sure whether that's strictly necessary on road orientated systems. Worth checking the handbook though

I used the Sport Maxx RT2 on my Volvo S60 as they had a better usage/life rating and are supposedly quieter than the others.

I would buy whatever is on the rear, personally.

It's often considered good practice to replace all four tyres on an all wheel drive car, but I'm not sure whether that's strictly necessary on road orientated systems. Worth checking the handbook though

The reason to replace all 4 is so the central diff doesn't have to cope with the effective different tyre diameters (due to wear on the old tyres) between the old tyres and the new ones. The axle with the older tyres will need to turn more times than the axle with the new tyres to cover the same distance.

If it were my car I'd be buying something other than Dunlops. I had them fitted to my previous Audi S5 Sportback and a W219 CLS and found them to be very poor the S5 used to tramline horribly so much so that the C63 feels more planted in the wet at higher speeds. (The C63 is on Michelin PSS).

RR

If it were my car I'd be buying something other than Dunlops. I had them fitted to my previous Audi S5 Sportback and a W219 CLS and found them to be very poor the S5 used to tramline horribly so much so that the C63 feels more planted in the wet at higher speeds. (The C63 is on Michelin PSS).

RR

For me I'd have Dunlop over Mich. anyday.

We are all different, thankfully..:)

Front tyres will have done more work, as I suspect its front wheel drive biased togehter with braking and corning.

The RT's will offer the most grip, feel and be the most progressive on the limit with the stiffest sidewalls followed by the GT's and then the SP's however, The SP will cover more miles followed by the GT's and then the RT's..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom