Duovalve question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lynall

MB Enthusiast
Car
The silver one.
I have finally fitted my webasto heater and now have another prob, when heater is fired up i also press the rest button which switchs on the elec coolant pump and the interior fan, this can be done via a relay on the webasto unit but i wanted to keep it as a seperate unit.

Now when the webasto is running and the elec pump is running and the duo valve is making slight clicking sound but no hot coolant is getting past the valve.

So it appears the duovalve is not flowing any coolant as it should do, then webasto heater detects overheat and shuts down.

So any ideas on the valve to get it to open? if its not already.

I have the coolant flow the correct way around, ie webasto outlet to the duo valve.

Lynall

Pic of install its very tight, lump at top left of piccy is the offside foglamp, large black lump on the right of the heater is the webasto water pump the heater pipe from the engine plugs into this.
Shiny bit on the right is the fuel dosing pump and the stub on the left is the heater exhaust

Lynall

Last edited:
I have the coolant flow the correct way around, ie webasto outlet to the duo valve.
l

The duo valve is on the return side of the system, it sounds like you have it flowing in reverse.
Duo-valves open when there is no power to them so try disconnecting them and see then.

Its on the return side:eek: aaaggghh im going to bang my head against the wall so so stupid.

I actually said to my mate at work i reckon i have the two pumps fighting each other.

I never would have guessed that, thanks DM much appreciated

Feeling a prize pratt
Lynall

Thanks DM now works a treat:bannana:

Lynall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom