Duplicate service book re-stamping?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J4GG4

Hi guys,

Purchased a ML recently and it is without the service history. Managed to locate a stealers (Mercedez benz of newcastle) on ebay who was offering duplicate service books for £14.99 delivered. When i asked if i gave my VIN could they stamp it up to reflect the servicing logged on their system, but they refused stating they cannot do that and that i must go to the dealership that actually stamped the book/serviced the car in the first place. Well i have no idea which dealers serviced the car (only done 54k miles).

I need a little help and pointers on what to do in this situation?

Thanks

You really need to find out where some of the services were carried out. What year is your ML, many newer Mercs have digital service records only.

A fully stamped book is great but receipts for work carried out are even better. Once you're the registered keeper and have the V5 in your name Meecedes Benz customer services will be able to let you know what work has been carried out within the Mercedes-Benz dealer network including servicing and recall work.

I have the email address somewhere but a quick Google should reveal it too.

As said any MB workshop can provide you with the electronic service record, just call you local dealer and ask nicely.

I had no service book so purchased a genuine one and sent it to the dealer where work was carried out and they happily stamped and returned it to me.

Any main dealer should have a record of the services carried out on their systems and be able to tell you which city/garage they were done at.

With my 635d travelled 200miles to get book stamped, they did it no probs
With my 730d used ebay.Had an electronic printout with the purchase - contacted through ebay first seller under service recovery or similar. Paid 140 quid - new service book arrived with 3 bmw stamps and one from independent garage. Got the mileage with service dates on it from printout - done
Bit dodgy but it full service with book stamped done

hmmm i am on a wild goose chase as 3 dealers i called up have said they do not have access to the system that stores information on vehicles serviced in other dealerships.

I will try to call the head office or something.

Hi,
I "Think" (dependant on the age of your car) that the service information and the dealer that carried it out is written to the cars ASSYST system, and someone with the relevant knowledge could get that info out with STAR.
I recently bought a CLS late 2005 this was before the ESS system, but my local MB dealer done a search on a system and found a list of dates when my car had been in for services indeed any work it had ever done within the MB Main Dealer network, and without asking he printed it off for me.
I originally went in there to ask about the car before I bought it, and as I thought it had an ESS history wondered if they could let me know about the history of the car. They even HPIed the car for me free of charge no less.
I will be doing the same as you regarding duplicate Service book, but I have been told that only the dealer that serviced it will stamp the book though my car has only been to two dealers in its life MB Gatwick and MB Epsom so not to far away from me. I will ring one of them and get them to supply the actual duplicate service book stamp it and post it to me with hopefully with copies of any receipts they have on file, and then approach the other dealer initially with a phone call.

Got a email back from mercedes customer services who typed out the dates it was serviced and from which dealer.

No documentation attached. Nothing.

Pointless really.

Nightmare!!!

If you now have the dates & dealers who carried out the servicing, they should be able to detail what was carried out. I did it with mine, in order to ascertain what was done at dealerships in Manchester & Newcastle.

Email these [email protected], give them your reg and vin and they will tell you where the car was serviced and at what intervals,

I did this with mine and they were really helpful, they will even give you the contact details for the dealers used so you can get a copy of any invoices etc..

hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom