Durley Garage, Wirral - huge recommendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ab9758

Car
CL500 (W216) ex-ML500 ML63 AMG and ML55
Forgive the exuberant praise, but a wonderful experience with a new garage and happy to share.

My ML500 power steering completely failed when engine warm and at 3-point turn speed. (Cold start and at speed, no problems.) Baffled RAC patrol. No PAS at all.

I've got the RAC Repairs & Breakdown policy (the £750 one they pay for parts and give a three day car rental).

Up north during school holidays, so needed to sort it out locally. RAC patrol have to approve need for repairs first and recommended I get it to Durley Garage 3 Prenton Way, Birkenhead, Prenton CH43 3DU (0151 608 0788).

Really top class and one of best ever. A real find. I want to point out how good Neil and the team is at Durley. Nipped back in for reassurance about a leak, only to discover it's because they had steam cleaned the engine without me knowing and it was the drip tray.

And today a follow up call to check everything is OK before heading back to London.

What I want to highlight is how "painless" Durley made the process for me. Got the (almost undriveable) car to Durley Monday morning expecting a week or more of "waiting for parts etc". Instead of which they offered to get it back to me next day - and I collected on the Wednesday.

A real plus is that there was none of the usual "oh, it's going to be Mercedes prices so prepare for the worst". (Which reminds me that their hourly rates are about 1/4 of Mercedes Chelsea, my local.) And they fixed other bits and pieces without needing to ask such as blown bulbs etc.

They dealt with the RAC warranty so that I only paid for a couple of minor "wear and tear items" and some bulbs, not the cost of a Mercedes OEM power steering pump and fitting which the RAC covered.

And a final point of praise. They have a 'real' apprentice which as well as being "a good thing" shows they are here for the long term and helping the industry for the future.

Won't apologise for effusiveness, rare to make such a great discovery!

Forgive the exuberant praise, but a wonderful experience with a new garage and happy to share.

My ML500 power steering completely failed when engine warm and at 3-point turn speed. (Cold start and at speed, no problems.) Baffled RAC patrol. No PAS at all.

I've got the RAC Repairs & Breakdown policy (the £750 one they pay for parts and give a three day car rental).

Up north during school holidays, so needed to sort it out locally. RAC patrol have to approve need for repairs first and recommended I get it to Durley Garage 3 Prenton Way, Birkenhead, Prenton CH43 3DU (0151 608 0788).

Really top class and one of best ever. A real find. I want to point out how good Neil and the team is at Durley. Nipped back in for reassurance about a leak, only to discover it's because they had steam cleaned the engine without me knowing and it was the drip tray.

And today a follow up call to check everything is OK before heading back to London.

What I want to highlight is how "painless" Durley made the process for me. Got the (almost undriveable) car to Durley Monday morning expecting a week or more of "waiting for parts etc". Instead of which they offered to get it back to me next day - and I collected on the Wednesday.

A real plus is that there was none of the usual "oh, it's going to be Mercedes prices so prepare for the worst". (Which reminds me that their hourly rates are about 1/4 of Mercedes Chelsea, my local.) And they fixed other bits and pieces without needing to ask such as blown bulbs etc.

They dealt with the RAC warranty so that I only paid for a couple of minor "wear and tear items" and some bulbs, not the cost of a Mercedes OEM power steering pump and fitting which the RAC covered.

And a final point of praise. They have a 'real' apprentice which as well as being "a good thing" shows they are here for the long term and helping the industry for the future.

Won't apologise for effusiveness, rare to make such a great discovery!

Many thanks for this report. I have never heard of DURLEY, but will now look them up .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom