dust caps stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nicko

Car
E300 Turbodiesel
I recently had my AMG wheels refurbished,they look like new and i'm well pleased with them.The guys that did them fitted some nice chrome dust caps and sleeves that cover the rubber stem.Well some tea leaf had em off today.I know they're only dust caps but it just gets me that someone has taken something off my car.I know what i'd do if i would of caught them.What do you think?

I think you should buy some new ones ...

Part number is B66472001

I know sometimes you wonder whats the point, some b*****d stole mine too.

Got stainless valves and caps on my AMG's .

Do the valve caps up with your fingers and just nip them with a pair of pliers , so that theiving little scrotes can't undo them ...

( Remember to keep a pair of pliers in the car incase you need to top up the air )

Do the valve caps up with your fingers and just nip them with a pair of pliers , so that theiving little scrotes can't undo them ...

( Remember to keep a pair of pliers in the car incase you need to top up the air )
Thanks i'll try that but i think i maybe wasting my time as the kids are off school now,and they are quiet streetwise round our way

2 of mine got taken the other day too!! bandits!!
I see there are locking chrome ones on ebay, are these any good?

I like the long M-B aluminium ones (that cover the stem) best. Had a set nicked in Germany :( and the dealer I popped in to over there had never heard of them!

Dear Letterbocks,

Instead of buying some nice shiny valve caps, and then muttering into your beard when the local scallywags nick them, buy some Plasticene the same colour as your car, and mould little balls of it around the end of each valve.

Then nobody will want to steal your 'caps', unless they have the same colour car as you.

And you could use the spare Plasticene to make a little pretend satnav aerial for your roof.

Mr Doofus
North Wales

PS: Or, you could just leave them off altogether. After all, the ends of the valves are already shiny. Sort of.

That's what i do.

I know Obi Wan ...

You taught me well ;)

Top tip exactly what I do, the scrotes cant ge them off by hand then :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom