Dustbin Lids ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had a Xantia for a while back in the day. Was quite nice. I think the XM was their flagship?
Looks like it was a windy day above too judging by his hair.

I had a bronze/rust colour suit made from some kind of short fur/cashmere cross material.
Probably would have been all over if I went near a flame!

Watchcame430 said:
I had a bronze/rust colour suit made from some kind of short fur/cashmere cross material. Probably would have been all over if I went near a flame!

The mental image is actually scarring me.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Those were the days!

S
What a great looking car. Funny at the time I didn't like the look (of the car or the suit) but now I love the car.

They are a Marmite appearance car. It takes some time to notice all the styling cues.
The fact that it appeared extreme at the time, but you like it now, shows how far ahead of it's time the design was.

Dieselman said:
talking of which, has anybody seen April edition of practical Classics magazine...?

Have only seen the cover shot, looks like a XM is in there somewhere

Dieselman said:
They are a Marmite appearance car. It takes some time to notice all the styling cues. The fact that it appeared extreme at the time, but you like it now, shows how far ahead of it's time the design was.
Sums up the DS perfectly.

Sums up the DS perfectly.

The roofline into the top of the windows is taken from the DS. Obviously, the kick up is from the SM.

Xmupperdoorline.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom