Dutch members

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
Testing the limits of this great forum,

Have we any members that are capable of translating a few lines of Dutch for me please?

I'm an expert at double Dutch, but the more complicated language is way beyond me.

Thanks in Advance,

Kind regards
John

The problem is that it is a sewing pattern, so the detail is in the wording. These on-line translators are okay for our English spy pretending to be a French Gendarme :D

alloallo_4.jpg

Regards
John

John
If you're struggling I can get this done for you, not immediately but within a few days.
I've just rung someone whose Mother will do it for you. The added bonus is she is a sewer.;)

John
If you're struggling I can get this done for you, not immediately but within a few days.
I've just rung someone whose Mother will do it for you. The added bonus is she is a sewer.;)
Thanks very much indeed, I'll pm you the details.

I'm sure you mean seamstress ;)

Regards
John

If you're really stuck the boat moored next to us (coastal explorer) is owned by a Dutch company and I'm quite friendly with them although I doubt very much if any of them sew.

If you get one from Norway, Denmark or Sweden, I can do it for you, and I am good at stitching people up

If you're really stuck the boat moored next to us (coastal explorer) is owned by a Dutch company and I'm quite friendly with them although I doubt very much if any of them sew.
:D Thanks very much indeed but I don't want to ruin your street cred :eek:. I've sent a pm to Dieselman and hopefully it will come back smelling of roses? :devil: :D

John

So it's Dutch and a sewing pattern. It's got to be a sew your own caravan kit.

edit

Last edited:
:) Once again this forum has produced the goods.

A very big thank you goes out to MBManInKen for his excellent efforts and it will be nice to get the professional efforts of Dieselman's contact just to corroborate the technical (sewing) details.

Thanks again,

Yours sincerely
John

:) Once again this forum has produced the goods.

A very big thank you goes out to MBManInKen for his excellent efforts and it will be nice to get the professional efforts of Dieselman's contact just to corroborate the technical (sewing) details.

The forum never disappoints ;).

I speak Dutch natively, but the jargon of embroidery and needlework are not something I'm familiar with :rolleyes:. Would be funny though if my translation would result in something completely different from the original :devil: :devil: :D.

The forum never disappoints ;).

I speak Dutch natively, but the jargon of embroidery and needlework are not something I'm familiar with :rolleyes:. Would be funny though if my translation would result in something completely different from the original :devil: :devil: :D.
Who knows it might turn into a Mercedes-Benz? Your efforts looked perfect to me and I've sent it to my sister, but they always go out for the day, so I will not get any feedback, although I know she will be very pleased.

Kind regards
John

Who knows it might turn into a Mercedes-Benz?

Well, you could always get her to do a pillow cover with a big three pointed star ;) :D. Would look the part in you lounge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom