Dutch to create 'Scum' Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It will be interesting to see how they cope with each other?

So long as it's clean and tidy which the residents can take care of themselves, I think this is a good idea.

I think the real question is whether we would want to see such a scheme over here?

Better than ''social housing'' quota for any new development.....not quite the same but the fundamentals remain......different socio-economic groups do not mix easily nor comfortably......human nature.

Mic

Better than ''social housing'' quota for any new development.....not quite the same but the fundamentals remain......different socio-economic groups do not mix easily nor comfortably......human nature.

Mic

That doesn't really make sense does it, not only do differing groups mix in the work place, in the military, and in the course of everyday life, they do on rare occasions intermarry, have childen etc. On even rarer occasions we have examples of social mobility where toffs descend and plebs rise up. The most important thing about human nature is our intelligence and ability to adapt. All that said I wouldn't want to live next to someone with an estuary accent

I can't see this ending well, either in Amsterdam or on here ;)

so if you start out as "scum" but end up getting a decent job, sorting ya life out, do you have to move out??? where do i sighn?

Didn't we send our undesirables to Australia between 1771 and 1840 ?

Now look at the place.

Many UK residents want to visit or even live there.

Will the same happen to these so called scum villages in 200 years time ?

Perhaps not - time for a lie down me thinks.

MicB said:

Mic

I think MicB does have a point here in as much as having looked round various new developments the houses next to the social housing always struggle to sell. Having spoken to the sales negotiator at the last development it appears many people are of the same opinion.

Sadly, walking round the development the yellow smilie face spay painted on the wheelie bin while the chap was outside drinking his can of larger whilst arguing on the phone did nothing to help.

I think MicB does have a point here in as much as having looked round various new developments the houses next to the social housing always struggle to sell. Having spoken to the sales negotiator at the last development it appears many people are of the same opinion.

Sadly, walking round the development the yellow smilie face spay painted on the wheelie bin while the chap was outside drinking his can of larger whilst arguing on the phone did nothing to help.
Unfortunately, those are the very sad facts. Integration is fine in theory, but there are far too many factors to be taken into account for that theory to be fully successful in practice. We all like to think that people will rise up to the standards of their best neighbours, but sadly the opposite tends to be true. The 'haves' feel that their comfortable position is being eroded; they feel less secure. Whilst the 'have-nots' fail to understand why their neighbours have more than them, so they give up; there's no need to bother because they've been provided with a reasonable home in a reasonable location. So everybody's unhappy.

I can't think of a better incentive to get off your rear end and work hard to get away than to be dropped into an uncomfortable location. History tells us that when forced into a corner we'll fight to get out of it. Make them fight for it and they'll also appreciate it more and take more care of it.

They have an £810,000 plan to tackle 13000 complaints about anti-social behaviour every year.

I can see this whole thing coming to nothing very quickly.

They have an £810,000 plan to tackle 13000 complaints about anti-social behaviour every year.

I can see this whole thing coming to nothing very quickly.

The Govt could tackle anti-social behaviour quite easily and save themselves £810,000.

View attachment 33362

I think it could be quite entertaining every Saturday morning at the local market.

But as usual there are too many do-gooders who have the Human Rights Bill stuffed so far up their bottom that they are incapable of making any decisions without having an inquiry into an inquiry as to why there should be an inquiry into the inquiry of anti-social behaviour. :crazy:

Last edited:
I though whole areas of Amsterdam were cum villages already.

Oh, scum, sorry :doh:.

Let's just be clear here. The proposal is to move antisocial residents into these villages, not people who are out of work or people from any particular socio economic group.

The original plan for council housing was for a total mix, with "the labourer living next to the Doctor" but it was cheaper to build council housing on greenfield sites. We cannot know what would have been the result. Without doubt if socio economic groups form ghettos, council or the West End, the result is groups that fail to understand each other or accord the other groups the respect they deserve.

The original plan for council housing was for a total mix, with "the labourer living next to the Doctor" but it was cheaper to build council housing on greenfield sites. We cannot know what would have been the result. Without doubt if socio economic groups form ghettos, council or the West End, the result is groups that fail to understand each other or accord the other groups the respect they deserve.

I love your Spartist posts pipmk. Your firm determination to ignore human nature makes me wonder what planet you inhabit.

Surely 35+ years of comprehensive education for the majority of the population tells us what the result would have been - "groups that (still) fail to understand each other or accord the other groups the respect they (may) deserve."

I love your Spartist posts pipmk. Your firm determination to ignore human nature makes me wonder what planet you inhabit.

Surely 35+ years of comprehensive education for the majority of the population tells us what the result would have been - "groups that (still) fail to understand each other or accord the other groups the respect they (may) deserve."

The best minds of their times believed this was what was needed but I bow to your superior attitude,whoops,sorry, knowledge.

I am glad you are so certain that the problem for all our ills is comprehensive education and it has nothing to do with ghetto-isation, the cheap values of the media, the pressures of unemployment/under employment, the death of "respectable" employment for the working class due to the lack of manufacturing industry,the rise of "everything has a price" culture and the promotion of drugs.

I shall be sure to give your detailed analysis the depth it deserves, there, I have, it was rubbish.

The crazy think is the airs and graces people take upon themselves when they take on a mortgage they don't realise that the average council tenant has far greater legal protection than they have, miss one payment and they can be out...bye bye on your bike. I did think though that the 1st big estates were built post WW1 as "homes for heroes" and the mixed housing aim belonged with Robert Owen and his New Mills project in Lanark but I could be wrong

The crazy think is the airs and graces people take upon themselves when they take on a mortgage they don't realise that the average council tenant has far greater legal protection than they have, miss one payment and they can be out...bye bye on your bike. I did think though that the 1st big estates were built post WW1 as "homes for heroes" and the mixed housing aim belonged with Robert Owen and his New Mills project in Lanark but I could be wrong

Sorry, that is just incorrect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom