Duxford 3rd May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tmwsccsh

Car
1998 CL420, 1994 Ford Mustang Convertible
Anyone going this year?

I haven't been for the past few years (since I lost my Mustang) but I am going to go again this year. Used to really enjoy it - although one year I was one of only 7 cars in the display as it was torrential rain - but it's a good day out and you get access to the museum as well.

Just wondering if anyone else is considering a visit?

TMW

Quite a few of us from 'the other' forum are going, as we have for a number of years. Great day out plenty to see and do.

Just dont get confused with the official MB club, you'll get moved on pretty sharpish!!

I'll be there again with my PistonHeads group (nothing against any Mercedes group, I'm the regional organiser :D )

Darren

Just dont get confused with the official MB club, you'll get moved on pretty sharpish!!

the time before last they tried to poach me and stole our club name plate if you recall :)

the time before last they tried to poach me and stole our club name plate if you recall :)

Really.....they had nearly 100 cars on their stand....doubt they would need to poach anyone..:rolleyes:

MBO have an area at Duxford, have had for the past few years, we have over 20 cars so far on the list, MB Club are more than welcome to join us. Please add names below, so that I have an idea of overall numbers, thanks :)

Really.....they had nearly 100 cars on their stand....doubt they would need to poach anyone..:rolleyes:

Well, call it what you will, I was approached, offered some leaflets and requested to join them. sounded like poaching to me, more so with the MBOA name tag getting removed and hidden behind their gazebo.

I think offering a new member leaflet and having a friendly chat is hardly poaching.

Lots of members here are in both the official club and MBClub.
It is not a them or us situation is it? :confused:

I think offering a new member leaflet and having a friendly chat is hardly poaching.

Lots of members here are in both the official club and MBClub.
It is not a them or us situation is it? :confused:

No, its not, or at least it should not be. But, our club sign post did not walk to the rear of their gazebo under its own steam eh? :)

MBO have an area at Duxford, have had for the past few years, we have over 20 cars so far on the list, MB Club are more than welcome to join us. Please add names below, so that I have an idea of overall numbers, thanks :)

E270 Owner there for both days @ 15 of us.

No, its not, or at least it should not be. But, our club sign post did not walk to the rear of their gazebo under its own steam eh? :)

I don't know anything about that but can ask around.

I assume you mean MBClub sign or do you mean mboc?

Dont worry about it :)
I did ask (with witnesses) and the club organiser said quite sheepishly that he knew nothing about it. I mean the MBOA sign post.

E270 Owner there for both days @ 15 of us.

Woops I mean Just me not 15 MB's
the rest are flying in from USA & Canada :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom