Duxford meet - 5th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rashman

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK
Hey guys,

Have any of you been to the Duxford event before?

I went a couple of years back with Cliff and it was a good event.

Lots of different marques and some good aviation exhibits to look at too.

Is anyone from here going this year?

I think there is also another date later in the year too, from what Cliff was saying.

There is a list gathering on the "other side".

I will probably put my name down and join Cliff and the "others" for the day.

Do any of you fancy joining us?

If there is enough interest on here, would any of you fancy making a club appearance?... or.. dare I say it.. merge clubs for the day? :eek::D

I know people on the other forum, as well as you guys, and thought it might be nice.

:thumb:

Maybe 10 miles from me, and the link works BTW.

Heeey!
How you doing, bud?! :rock:
Hope you are well :thumb:

Glad to hear Duxford isn't too far from you.

I'll see how much interest there is on here and then maybe consider a club attendance of some kind.

Even if there is little response, I will still be going if the weather is good.

Duxford seems to be blessed with nice weather every time they hold this event, so I'm hopefully this year will be no different.

We love Duxford, and the May meet last year was great - we also did the August one with PCGB. There's a good crowd going from t'other side, who we went with last year - and the organisers parked us right next door to the official MB Club, which was amusing!!

It's a surprising distance from the main entrance to where you get in if you're displaying your car - shows the size of Duxford! Best part of a mile I guess.

Lots of walking involved getting round to see all the cars and the hangars - the American one is particularly impressive, as is the one where they're rebuilding planes.

Just pray for a decent day - Duxford in cold, wet and windy can be miserable, plus it cuts down the flying displays. On a bright dry day it's fantastic.

Just pray for a decent day - Duxford in cold, wet and windy can be miserable, plus it cuts down the flying displays. On a bright dry day it's fantastic.

However, a couple of years ago we had picnic weather and all sat out on blankets - a great afternoon.

Can I suggest, however, that if a list forms and grows, someone liaises with Missy D on the other side as she's getting an area allocated, based upon expected numbers, (unless MB Club is going it alone in another area :dk:).

However, a couple of years ago we had picnic weather and all sat out on blankets - a great afternoon.

Can I suggest, however, that if a list forms and grows, someone liaises with Missy D on the other side as she's getting an area allocated, based upon expected numbers, (unless MB Club is going it alone in another area :dk:).

Hey bud :thumb:

Yeah, no worries.
I'll see what sort of response there is on here first.

I will also forewarn Sarah to let her know that there might be more attending.

I'm hoping that people will jump on this thread and express some interest, sooner rather than later.

Hey bud :thumb:

Yeah, no worries.
I'll see what sort of response there is on here first.

I will also forewarn Sarah to let her know that there might be more attending.

I'm hoping that people will jump on this thread and express some interest, sooner rather than later.

You'd better tell her to warn the MBOF lot to pack sunglasses or get the glare off your exhaust tips - they will have no idea of what's coming :D.

Ill be up for this :) sounds good. Cars nothing special though

Car doesn't need to be anything special, bud.

It's a good event with all sorts of cars.

It's a big event on large grounds and lots to see.

We park up on our stand/ patch and then chill. You can spend your time walking around or chatting amongst ourselves.

Im about 15 minutes down the A11 from this, so i'll definitely be making an appearance!

Hey Jimmy :thumb:

What we'll probably do, is join the group of MB owners from the other forum as there doesn't seem to be too many people from here who are interested in going.
I have told them that there may be a few of us joining them and they are fine with this.

They will be posting up info on the other forum regarding the location of their parking spot at the event nearer the time.

I'm definitely going for a look around. Only a couple of junctions up the M11 from Essex for me.

I'm definitely going for a look around. Only a couple of junctions up the M11 from Essex for me.

Hi mate :thumb:

I'll post up details of the gathering from the other forum as soon as they know more about their parking location, if you want to park with them.

Hey Jimmy :thumb:

What we'll probably do, is join the group of MB owners from the other forum as there doesn't seem to be too many people from here who are interested in going.
I have told them that there may be a few of us joining them and they are fine with this.

They will be posting up info on the other forum regarding the location of their parking spot at the event nearer the time.

Sounds good buddy! I'll keep an eye out for more updates - I think my old man and a few of his mates are going with a Ferrari OC so it should be a good drive down too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom