Duxford Spring Car Meet Sunday 2nd May - THIS SUNDAY!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrishazle

MB Enthusiast
Car
2008 S204 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 facelift SLK280 Auto.
Could have sworn I saw a post on here about this carfest - can't find it! We're going with PCGB in the 968, and the bumf I've had from them says MB Club will be there (among numerous other car clubs) - but all I can find is a group on t'other side!

So - are MBOA going to be representing the marque, or are there folk from this side flying the flag for MB? Looks like a good day out, and entrance to Duxford for £9.50pp for show cars (£7 discount pp) with access to all the Duxford attractions should make it a really good day.

Oops, August we are going, not the May Spring Show

Oops, August we are going, not the May Spring Show

Yep, I realised that when I finally read the early posts on the thread.

So, why does the bumf I've read state that MB Club will be represented at the Duxford 2nd May show??

it may be the official club, or any number of other MB forums that could be organising a meet.

You mean this is not the official club? How many MB clubs / forums are there?

The official MB Club were there last year, as were the MB Forum :)

I'll be going along with the PistonHeads East Anglia group, however in the Mercedes E320 :D

Darren

Clubs That Will Be There

Aerial Owners Club, Dubgeneration, Leicester Classic, Norwich Classic, Scooby City, UK Cruiser, Kiosks
All VXL, East Coast Mini Club, Mercedes Benz Club, Pistonheads, Skyline Owners, Vauxhall Vectra Owners,
Austin Healey, Essex Classics, Mini Club UK, Porsche Club, Sporting Bears, Vincent Owners Club, Direction of
Auto Turismo, Ferrari Owners, Mini Owners Club, Powered By Ford, SXOC, XR Owners, BMW, Ford Sidevalve, MLR, Rolls Royce Club, TR Register (Kent),
Classic Corvette, IMOC, Mustang Owners, Rover 75 & ZT, Two-Sixties

Im going tommorow,are there any girlie craft stalls there?

The last car show I went to I told the wife there was 100 craft stalls,actually there was only one selling old car badges and morris minor parts....she wasnt happy.

Marty

There's a big "souvenir" shop at the main entrance, but it's very aircraft oriented. Not seen anything about craft type stalls, but as we get entrance to all the main hangars she will hopefully enjoy the superb displays in the tank and American hangars.

:D we shall see.

Are you in one of the displays? Don't suppose there will be too many C32AMG Estates - and mine is (so far) the only 968 on the PCGB display! See you there.
The map I've been sent does show "Traders" in front of Hanger 4 but gives no info re type and number!

Just seen the latest BBC / Met Office forecast for tonight and tomorrow - loads of rain not clearing Duxford until mid afternoon tomorrow, so we'll be staying home. No fun driving 1 1/2-2 hours in lousy conditions to either spend a cold wet day looking at cars (which is what we want to do) or re-visiting the hangars.

Anyone brave enough to ignore the weather - have a great day, the hangars are fascinating!

Chris

I made it out, despite the weather.
It had all cleared by the end of lunch time, but it was cold and windy all day.

A great day out. The MBOC had a very large turnout, and the PH stand had a good selection of cars :thumb:

After 3 years of attending this Duxford event, I finally visited the Warfare Museum - it was fantastic.

When I've posted my photos, I'll a link on here for anyone who may be interested :)

Darren

Look forward to seeing them Darren. I chickened out, it rained here all day from about 8am until 6pm and was so cold we had the central heating on from lunchtime and even lit the woodburner! I looked at the live roadcams on the M11 at about 10.30 and it looked really miserable, so I'm glad for you that it cleared even though it was cold and windy.

The displays in the land warfare museum are really fantastic - my Australian visitor and I really enjoyed it even though our main interest is the aircraft.

If you get the chance, visit the RAF Museum at Hendon, just off the M1. Perhaps an even better aircraft display than Duxford, and free!

As promised, here are my photos from my day at Duxford :)

CLICKY LINKY HERE

He wasn't with the MBOC, but parked nearby was a CLK with a very fitting number plate for Duxford!
DSCN1499.jpg

Enjoy!

Darren

Thanks Darren - you must have stayed on a long time waiting for the rain to clear, Jib on t'other side posted that he gave up about 1pm after spending all his time sitting in the car to keep out of the rain and cold (guess that's his car in one of your photos, numberplate JIB 4100). Also had an email from the PCGB organiser - out of the 60+ originally planning to be there, 33 brave souls turned up - masochists!

I was up there from about 11am until just gone 5pm. Hardcore, me! (Or tight, seeing as I had paid to get in :D) :ban:
Also, I'm only around a hour from the place, so it's not exactly far :)
One of the organisers told a member of our group that we had one of the better turnout rates for the clubs - only 3 of our member didn't attend. I'm not surprised as the low turnouts for some clubs. I'm not sure how many were booked, but only 4 cars from the Ferrari Owner's Club turned out, and they were all gone by the end of lunchtime! Shame, because they had gone before I reached their area.

A fantastic day out, despite the weather!

Darren

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom