DVD adaptors on COMMAND

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hornet

Car
Various Merc's
Quick question..

I have been looking at the little adaptors which plug into the rear of the command unit (I HAVE CL500 2001 model) and allow a DVD player to be plugged in. All you do is select AV1 input etc to view it.

Question - Will the screen still be locked out in BLUE mode whilst the DVD is playing just like the TV or not ?

H

My understanding is that the Command 2 (dx) will not play DVDs via the aux, as it is sound only

Comand 2 can have TV and/or DVD. All that is needed is either a TV tuner or a multimedia adapter. The AUX port is separate from this and for sound only.

Alfie me old china, new Sat Nav CD is good now I got the old one out which was stuck etc :D

Do you sell the adaptor for me to be able to do this Alfie ?

If so please PM me the details..Also will it still lock it out when moving like the TV pictures ?

Thanks again

H

The Command has to be activated by Star for the TV input to be made a active, I do not know if it can do it when no tuner is fitted, once it is activated you can plug what you like into it, but I think that it will still blank when the car is moving

Quick question..

I have been looking at the little adaptors which plug into the rear of the command unit (I HAVE CL500 2001 model) and allow a DVD player to be plugged in. All you do is select AV1 input etc to view it.

Question - Will the screen still be locked out in BLUE mode whilst the DVD is playing just like the TV or not ?

H

If you dont have TV then you can get a special DVD kit which allows direct DVD operation and the controls for the DVD are on the numerical keypad.

If you have TV then whatever happens with TV running will do the same for DVD. So if you want movies when driving it will need to be activated.

I have the TV yes, which apart from the signal being crap most of the time works fine. BUT it does blank out when driving yes :( so even if I get the adaptor for a DVD player it will still do the same :(

I can get into one of the service menu's by holding "Mute" + "1" + "3" whilst either been on the TV screen or Tape selection, but I cannot see, access or change the Blank while drive option :( so again no point in having a screen there as it cant be watched whilst driving.

ONCE AGAIN, yes I know its a safety thing etc etc etc, and I dont care for watching it whilst driving thankyou, I would rather get my Wife and daughter safely to our destination, but it would be nice if I could play a DVD on it for the viewing of my wife and daughter

I did look previously at portable DVD players etc, but my headrest are not full in size so the little screens could not be attached to them and I don't want tacky wires running all over the place.

Any further help / advice wold be appreciated.

TIA

H

The multimedia adaptors do bypass the blank screen while driving. Have a look here. http://www.audiocomp.de/shop/shop.html If your German isn't up to it it "Das Videobild bleibt auch während der fahrt erhalten (keine Abschaltung bei 6 Km/h)", does translate as, "The video picture is preserved while driving (no disconnection at 6 km/h)."

If you decide to go this route and want to get rid of your TV Tuner, I might be interested.

I have the TV yes, which apart from the signal being crap most of the time works fine. BUT it does blank out when driving yes :( so even if I get the adaptor for a DVD player it will still do the same :(

I can get into one of the service menu's by holding "Mute" + "1" + "3" whilst either been on the TV screen or Tape selection, but I cannot see, access or change the Blank while drive option :( so again no point in having a screen there as it cant be watched whilst driving.

ONCE AGAIN, yes I know its a safety thing etc etc etc, and I dont care for watching it whilst driving thankyou, I would rather get my Wife and daughter safely to our destination, but it would be nice if I could play a DVD on it for the viewing of my wife and daughter

I did look previously at portable DVD players etc, but my headrest are not full in size so the little screens could not be attached to them and I don't want tacky wires running all over the place.

Any further help / advice wold be appreciated.

TIA

H

All you need is to connect your TV tuner to your DVD player via the AV port on the tuner and then some diagnostic coding.

Thanks for help, I will order the adaptor ASAP. Is there nowhere in the UK that sells them ?

Miro - What diagnosis code do I need and how do I obtain this..?

Thanks again

H

Thanks for help, I will order the adaptor ASAP. Is there nowhere in the UK that sells them ?

Miro - What diagnosis code do I need and how do I obtain this..?

Thanks again

H

Why do you need an adaptor ? Is it so that your AV cables can plug into the tuner ? Otherwise you dont need anything else.

Basically I want to play DVD's via the command screen, so would need an adaptor of kind to allow me to output from a portable DVD player into the COMMAND unit..

Basically I want to play DVD's via the command screen, so would need an adaptor of kind to allow me to output from a portable DVD player into the COMMAND unit..

An AV cable.

As far as I can see, the only reason Hornet 'needs' an adaptor is to bypass the 5 mph limitation. Otherwise, as Miro says, all he needs is an AV cable to plug into the auxilliary input of his TV Tuner.

Indeed, I have asked on a few occassions and searched all over for this said coding to no avail. So who will either tell me, PM me, email me, guide me or
recommend who will do it ? Can I pay for this? etc etc etc

Also can I buy these said AV cables and adaptors in the UK ?

Thanks again

I haven't come across the adaptors in the UK, they seem to be a German thing. I've also never come across anyone who will re-code (de-code) your CL so it plays DVD/TV on the move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom