DVD Command and Sat Nav

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peter123

Hi guys, I have an S430 2004 with the DVD NAV.

Traffic is rubbish its TMC but doesn't seem to recalc routes so I'm relying on my tomtom.

Would like to upgrade the maps and firmware but haven't got a clue where to start :bannana:

Any ideas or threads I should check (i have searched). Thanks Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note that if you are upgrading your map disk from Europe V3.0 or USA V2004.2 to Version 7 in the NTG1 systems vehicles your navigation unit may need a firmware update to recognise the disk. This is a 5 minute procedure using disk W211 589 15 22 00. It is not needed for an upgrade to V9 or later.

This means my 2004 s430 is NTG1 and I can upgrade the map to version 11 just with the disk and no firmware/messing about???

Does that mean for £200 it will do the TMC with re-routing then? as this doesnt happen on my exisiting version?

From description of V11 discs on comandonline: said:
UK differences: The disk now has the ITIS and the Trafficmaster TMC tables for UK which should improve the traffic re-routing TMC functionality (ITIS v5.1 and TRAFFICMASTER v3.1) and now approx 100% of house number range coverage.

Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes SatNav/COMAND :: Mercedes Navigation Disks :: Comand APS Map DVD Europe 2010/1011 (V11.0) for E (W211), SL, SLK, Maybach, S (W220), CL (W215), CLS

It sounds like my car will take the same disk as my old mans 57 plate s-class.

IS there any reason why I would not be able to test it with that disk to make sure it works (i think he's got the latest update) :dk:

No its fine, it will be the same disc as in the W220 only NTG1 was fitted upto MY09.

Thanks for your advice :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom