DVD copier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

verytalldave

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200K Cubanite
My eldest daughter got married a while back and she had a DVD made of the occasion.
I have a copy of this on DVD and it would be nice to make a couple of copies to give to family abroad.
Is there a either a freebie download - or a cheapie program that I could use to copy the disc.
It must be EASY to use please.
Thanks in advance...............:thumb:

Last edited:
Can you not burn it to your computer and take copies that way?

That's my level of computer expertise used up then!

The files WILL copy to both hard disk - and memory stick - but not DVD disk.

Hi Dave,

I use RealPlayer software, which is basically the same type of media player as the Windows Media Player which is usually pre-installed on all Windows Operating System PC's. The basic Real Media Player is free to download and use to burn music or data discs, 'BUT' in order to Burn DVD's you will need an Upgarde to the PLUS version, which costs in the region of £30 (one off subscription). However, there are certain copyright DVD's that cannot be copied so don't think you could make copies of commercial films etc. Is the wedding DVD copyrighted? If so you may or may not be able to copy it.
Remember that you still have the cost of the blank DVD discs on top of this.

From what you say about doing just a couple it may be cheaper to ask the guy who made the original how much additional copies would cost, or pop into a local outlet who advertise such services and inquire about their costs for copying. Remember they must be region free if they are for use in other countries.

Another alternative would be to open a YouTube account (free) and to upload it to there and let family have the details, i.e. account/user name and password if you decide to keep it private. Obviously going that route anyone would need a PC and internet connection to watch it.

Final option I can think of at the moment. Do you have, or know anyone with a DVD Recorder with both Hard Drive and DVD Disc recording facilities to record TV programmes? If so insert the disc into the player and copy it onto the hard drive and then from the hard drive onto a blank DVD disc. Repeat the last part for however many copies you want. (I think I paid £400 - £450 for mine but they have probably come down in price now).

Pity you are miles away or I would try it for you. Obviously subject to any copyright not blocking the re-recording.

Hope that helps you a bit and isn't too confusing.

P.S. I use Verbatim DVD-R blank media for PC & DVD Player/Recorder

Last edited:
I would download dvdshrink (free) as it is easy to use. You can copy an image of the dvd to your pc or do a straight copy.

One thing you need to check for (if not done already) is that the dvd burners are compatible with the discs as there is dvd-r and dvd+r formats out there.

I use Roxio Toast ; it will also compress data so that content from a DVD DL disc will fit onto a single layer one .

or pop it on a file sharing server - dropbox or mediafire or similar - and just let your family/friends have the link.

I can do it for you if you get stuck :)

I will be more than happy to make as many copies as you require, just pm me.

Nero should do that.
Got a free copy bundled withn a dvd re-writer drive.
Would guess that free copies are available to download.
Also used Roxio in the past - again free with a dvd drive

Is the wedding DVD copyrighted?

I will be more than happy to make as many copies as you require, just pm me.

The DVD will contain copyright material and no, you're not free to copy it, just the same as you're not free to copy wedding photos, Map CDs, audio or video DVDs

I'd go back to the original company and, unless they specifically allow you to copy their DVDs, I'd order additional copies

Nick Froome

download SLYSOFT ANYDVD and you should be able to copy dvds to you heart content;)

Very many thanks to all those helpful members who offered assistance via PM's. You are a fantastic group of people.Probably the best collection of kind hearted souls on any forum anywhere.:rock:

But just to let you know I have now managed to copy the wedding DVD successfully using a combination of CDBurnerXP and AnyDVD software.
Not a straightforward procedure, but nevertheless, got there in the end.:wallbash:

Very many thanks to all who offered advice and suggestions, some of which I took onboard.:bannana:

You all get my 5 star award of the best forum community.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom