DVD Navigation Unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sunny_amg

Car
S55K AMG
Guys,

I've only just gone an effing broke my Navigation!!! :doh:

A friend of mine borrowed me his DVD to see if it works in my unit, however, it didn't and rejected the update.
I put my original DVD in the unit in the boot and now all that comes up on the screen is "activating, please wait" or something like that.

It seems like a specific DVD is required for my unit, the firmware update has killed my system.

Is there a way to revert back to the original settings/firmware? And yes I have put the DVD back in a couple of times but still no joy.

Any thoughts on this would help.

By the way its a 2004 S55 AMG Kompressor.

Cheers in advance.

Did much the same and was advised to put the old disc back in as it should re-install. It didn't and really screwed it up. Tried all sorts of things but all no good. Finally gave up and was resigned to having no satnav. Left it for a couple weeks or so with the disc out and was getting really fed up with "please insert navigation disc" until to shut it up I did and it worked. Don't know why but I'm not complaining - good luck.

Pull the fuse for the nav drive and leave out for 20 seconds. I don't know which it is on the S class though.

Theres a level around V8 where you can't go back if you go past it (we find that when supplying new drives, if the customer has an old disk he has to buy a new one)

If your friend's disk was a copied disk and the firmware read failed, it could have damaged (irreparably) the nav drive, as read errors during the firmware load can be fatal.

Cheers

Richard

Pull the fuse for the nav drive and leave out for 20 seconds. I don't know which it is on the S class though.

Theres a level around V8 where you can't go back if you go past it (we find that when supplying new drives, if the customer has an old disk he has to buy a new one)

If your friend's disk was a copied disk and the firmware read failed, it could have damaged (irreparably) the nav drive, as read errors during the firmware load can be fatal.

Cheers

Richard

Cheers for that Richard, I shall give that a go and failing that I will replace my unit. Do you have any prices of what this unit might cost?

Cheers in advance Richard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom