dvd player integrates with comand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
hi

just fitted a dvd player to integrate with comand. i mounted it under the glovebox in a special DIN sized holder (from halfords). It connects to comand via a AV video adaptor.... works with a remote & switches on/off with ignition etc

if anyone is interested in a how-to with purchasing info i can do this....

here come some pix:

dvdplayermountedunderglovebox0.jpg

comandshowingmp3listing9np.jpg

some more pics can be found HERE

i tried to get a player that looked similar to comand....

what do u think? :)

Excellent. I need to find a DVD player to interface with my Panasonic monitor.....

....I mounted my DVD player under the drivers seat. There's just enough room, and it is out of the way of prying eyes....

Paul G

Paul Grainger said:
....I mounted my DVD player under the drivers seat. There's just enough room, and it is out of the way of prying eyes....

Paul G
and passengers legs. That's (potentially) dangerous.

SilverSaloon said:
hi

just fitted a dvd player to integrate with comand. i mounted it under the glovebox in a special DIN sized holder (from halfords). It connects to comand via a AV video adaptor.... works with a remote & switches on/off with ignition etc

Nicely mounted in the "smash my knee caps" position.

Palm size = holds 50 movies

http://www.airlinktek.com/english/prod_mg25.htm

miro said:
Nicely mounted in the "smash my knee caps" position.

Palm size = holds 50 movies

http://www.airlinktek.com/english/prod_mg25.htm

u reckon i should mve it then?

i had a few choices:

(a) under glovebox (what i did)
(b) in glovebox (not deep enough)
(c) in boot (hard to swap cds on the move)
(d) under seat

i didnt mount under seat as there didnt seem to be any room - with the wires and movement stuff for the electric seats and the heated seats....

SilverSaloon said:
u reckon i should mve it then?

i had a few choices:

(a) under glovebox (what i did)
(b) in glovebox (not deep enough)
(c) in boot (hard to swap cds on the move)
(d) under seat

i didnt mount under seat as there didnt seem to be any room - with the wires and movement stuff for the electric seats and the heated seats....

Well you know how the iPod replaced CDs in cars and so on. This movie machine is an iPod and a DVD player.

I would put the physical player in the trunk (for last minute must see TV impulse buy movies) and let the jukebox handle everything else. You have to concede that anything small enough to go into the glovebox or armrest and pack a mighty 100 hours of mind-numbing entertainment would cover most of your options.

It does photos, MP3 and movies .... check out the scope of this idea and see if it agrees with you.

The current location is not safe according to the design of the glovebox whichs pushes the knees down in an incident where the legs come into contact with the dashboard. You can reason very quickly that the next thing down from the front is your DVD player.

Whilst I really like the way it works out and can see the joy of it .... I would never do it.

Hi Silversaloon
I have a DVD player, I want to connect to comand. What is the part number for the AV adaptor, or if not a Merc part, where did you get it.
Thanks Wobbly

wobbly said:
Hi Silversaloon
I have a DVD player, I want to connect to comand. What is the part number for the AV adaptor, or if not a Merc part, where did you get it.
Thanks Wobbly

hi i got it from here:

http://www.dietz.biz/ENG/Multimedia.html#Mercedes

Interface 1240 for comand 2.0

i got mine new from this company but it was via an ebay auction so i think i got it pretty cheap

Last edited:
You could always buy a dvd changer that links to comand in the same way as the dvd player - then it could be boot mounted and controlled via a remote eye configuration. I mounted one under the drivers seat of the ML & had the remote eye on the dash by my phone console & changed settings & discs via the IR remote control .

steve_bcs said:
You could always buy a dvd changer that links to comand in the same way as the dvd player - then it could be boot mounted and controlled via a remote eye configuration. I mounted one under the drivers seat of the ML & had the remote eye on the dash by my phone console & changed settings & discs via the IR remote control .

yeah the dvd player i have has a remote eye too but i didnt connect it due to the place i mounted it.... seems ok where it is....

DVD player

I have a W203 with Comand 2.0. Do you reckon this could be done to my car and if so how ???

I have read so many conflicting views that you can/cant feed an aux dvd into comand.!!!!

J7NNO said:
I have a W203 with Comand 2.0. Do you reckon this could be done to my car and if so how ???

I have read so many conflicting views that you can/cant feed an aux dvd into comand.!!!!
Comand will take video and audio feed through the AV adapter, so anything that can produce moving picture and sound can be displayed on the comand unit.

Interesting media player, USB 2 and comp video/vga output, add your own disk drive and hey movies and music for the car on your command display

http://tinyurl.com/8s48w

Craig

hi

if anyone is interested in a how-to with purchasing info i can do this....

some more pics can be found HERE

i tried to get a player that looked similar to comand....

I just found this. It looks to be exactly what I'm looking for. I was going to go the Dension route but was disappointed it doesn't display on the COMAND head unit as I have a 2.5 D2B unit.

I am also chagrined at having an empty TY slot on my COMAND head unit. This solves all of that.

Is the menu actionable by any means other than the remote or the front of the box? i.e do any of the COMAND buttons do anything?

If you're still up for that How To I'd love all the details...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom