DVD Ripping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

imadoofus

MB Enthusiast
Car
This and that.
OK, so how do I rip a DVD and strip out the sound?

Or, how do I strip the sound from an .avi, .mpg, .flv or other video file that I've already ripped?

TIA

PJ

If it's just the odd clip you want, play the video and using some sound recording software on your PC record the sound - even the basic windows sound recorder is OK for ringtone size clips. ;)

I use Anydvd and clone dvd from Slysoft, Anydvd removes any encryption etc and Clone dvd you can tailor to your own spec.
This software is trial ware.
The other route is called dvd decrypter but not updated for a while but is very good and to encode etc use Dvd shrink 3.2 just search the internet for this software both are freeware.

I use DVD decrypter for ripping as well - does the ripping job well.

It's the video clip I want, and the sound I want to discard. All the ripping software I can find only lets you change the sound quality, not leave it off altogether.

I'm using AoA DVD Ripper becasue I want a clip of a chapter, rahter then the entire chapter, but I can't get the sound to shut up.
:(

You now need the encodeing software ie dvd shrink 3.2 freeware where you can import the ripped dvd etc and tailor it to your requirements.

Try MPEG Streamclip - I use this for getting clips out of ripped chapters. It's not on this PC so I can't check straight away, but it allows you to pick the sound encoder - not sure of no-sound is and options though.

EDIT: Just checked and no-sound is and option (on the setup screen after choosing "export to...")

Last edited:
That Streamclip stuff did the trick. Thanks!

:bannana:

I use DVD Shrink - strip off sound, subtitles, foreign language options, extras anything and everything you want to remove....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom