DVD& Sat Nav

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shino

I have an E-class 280CDI 2009....great car. Can anyone help with just a couple of problems probably just down to my ignorance

Firstly the Sat Nav works fine but although its a relatively new car the CD and its information seems a little out of date. Can I update it and if so how?

Secondly I assumed that there was ADVD fitted to the vehicle but this appears not to be the case ....how can I get one?

Thanks in advance for any help /Assistance

Last edited:
thanks for that npuk....... I arent sure of the command unit but will find out and get back to you ( I did say I was a little ignorant on these matters)

this is my system COMAND-APS (NTG2)

thanks again for your help npuk

NTG2 wasnt fitted in the e-class. If no sd card above the cd/dvd slot like in the picture below it must be NTG1.

!BuTgcW!EWk~$(KGrHqIOKi!EvHIcWnkiBL+t0C)FCg~~_12.JPG

Mercedes Benz then produced a cost reduced system which it introduced into the W203 C and W209 CLK for the mid 2004 facelift (approx March 2004 production onward) and then was released with the new model A, B, ML, GL and R class vehicles, it is also fitted to the Smart forfour, and the W639 Vito/VIano vehicles.
COMAND-NTG2-W169.jpg

This system put all the components into one double-din height unit, significantly simplifying the wiring.
The NTG2 system, however, lost its ability to play DVD and MP3 disks, and of course as there is no seperate navigation drive playing a CD and navigating with a full map requires a CD changer.
All NTG2 systems have an auxiliary input.
Like NTG1, the NTG2 uses proprietary map disks, which although the maps are made by Teleatas and Navteq have to be supplied via Mercedes benz. Mercedes use a coloured flash on their map disk packaging, NTG2 disks have a Blue stripe. Currently the map disks only support 5 digit post codes in the UK.

....its the image of this one npuk off the command link you sent me....that why I assume it was the NTG2.....the DVD for the Sat nav is in the boot in my car.

This system put all the components into one double-din height unit, significantly simplifying the wiring.

The NTG2 system, however, lost its ability to play DVD and MP3 disks, and of course as there is no seperate navigation drive playing a CD and navigating with a full map requires a CD changer.

shino said:
..... the DVD for the Sat nav is in the boot in my car.

You have NTG1. Latest disc: Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes SatNav/COMAND :: Mercedes Navigation Disks :: Comand APS Map DVD Europe 2010/1011 (V11.0) for E (W211), SL, SLK, Maybach, S (W220), CL (W215), CLS

Last edited:
thanks again npuk for your time and effort.......appreciated!

Malcolm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom