DVLA Photo card renewal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MWCLS

MB Enthusiast
Car
S320 CDI Perlite Gray Metallic 2005
Just wondering has anyone else experienced theses sort of delays... Went to the main PO with my paper and card license ( card was due to expire end of April 14 ) so I receive my reminder use the PO service new photo etc they relieve me of £24.50 that was on the 26/3.

I have a clean license, to date nothing arrives on their website it says can take upto 3 weeks, so I call them today, you are technically driving with an out of date license ( although my license doesn't expire until 2043 ! ) if you are stopped by the police you could be fined £1,000 for an out of date license wtf??

I go on to say you (not personally) are causing the problem not me, I actually sent the license back to you 4 and bit weeks before to avoid any issues. What's so difficult to issue a new license to a clean license holder who has lived at the same address for the last 12 years??

They could only comfort me in saying well it may come in 2 days or 10 days if you haven't received anything after 2 weeks call us again.

Absolute joke IMO.

I renewed mine online using the "use my passport photo" option - got a new license within the week...

IIRC I got mine back within about a week after having my picture taken at the PO (having spotted that my passport had just expired :doh:)

Thanks for the replies, my passport is up for renewal Aug 15, so the online wasn't any option.

The online option wasnt available for me either and I managed to screw up the paper form twice as my signature doesnt fit into the tiny little box they give you to sign in.

I found it a real PITA to do.

As others have said, I did it online in Feb and the new licence came in a couple of weeks.

My never ending battle with the P.O. Counter staff and depot collections forces me to use the online services thankfully.

Not wishing my life away, next time it will be online.

Thanks for the replies, my passport is up for renewal Aug 15, so the online wasn't any option.

You can renew your passport up to 9 months before expiry and any time left (up to 9 months) is added to left on the new :devil:one

You can renew your passport up to 9 months before expiry and any time left (up to 9 months) is added to left on the new :devil:one

Tbh, That didn't occur to me, didn't bank on this rigmarole! In the scheme of things it is very trivial, all the same annoying!

The one that really gets my goat is they still allow people to keep the old paper licence.

If you have moved house and had to have a photocard it now costs £25 every ten years and puts you in line for a fine if you forget to renew.

Doesn't seem fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom