DVLA private plate help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swale

Car
c43 amg cab'
Hi guys quick dvla question...

Got a private plate to go on a car the logbook has been sent off into my name few days ago v5 still not come back yet, im wondering if i can still assign the plate top the car using the doc ref found on the v5c/2 (green slip) or will the doc ref change when the car is assigned a new owner?

I'd wait for the V5 to come back. I've just had to go through this process and I did it all on-line it took about a week to complete.

If you use the green slip it probably won't work, either because that's no longer the most recent document reference or the car won't be registered to the owner of the reg number that's on retention.

Just gone through this and, as said above, wait for the V5. Mine took 4 weeks to arrive. :(

If the car's still not registered to you due to any processing delays at Swansea, you may end up losing the plate to whoever is still showing as the registered keeper.

Oh dear, best wait , also seems doc ref is 1 digit too long on v5c or maybe there's a different number... will just hang on

Took about 4 days for our V5c to arrive and then you can immediately do the transfer online and fit the plates. Then the new V5c then took another couple of days to arrive.

Just done this last week also..

I had to wait for the actual V5 as the numberon the 'green slip' will be different to the actual new V5 you'll get someday in the post...

As soon as it comes, you can do it online, instantly and best of all for FREE!!! yep, I sadi FREE!!!

Here is the link....

https://www.gov.uk/put-registration-number-vehicle

Free if you discount the fact you had to pay to put the plate on retention in the first place. Nothing is free with the DVLA.

Just done this last week also..

I had to wait for the actual V5 as the numberon the 'green slip' will be different to the actual new V5 you'll get someday in the post...

As soon as it comes, you can do it online, instantly and best of all for FREE!!! yep, I sadi FREE!!!

Here is the link....

https://www.gov.uk/put-registration-number-vehicle

yep found the same luckily v5 arrived today 6days not bad

Free if you discount the fact you had to pay to put the plate on retention in the first place. Nothing is free with the DVLA.

At least they don't charge you twice like they do for the TAX if you change your car in the middle of the month.

I did my SL, on line, on Tuesday and the V5 came back today. Pretty good service from the DVLA I would say.

...If the car's still not registered to you due to any processing delays at Swansea, you may end up losing the plate to whoever is still showing as the registered keeper.

^^^^
This.

Wait for the V5C.

I did all mine online at Mercland when i bought the car. It was all sorted for me and was showing registered onto my car after 3 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom