DVLA Private Registrations Price Drop!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kbhogalW126

Car
'98 W140 S320
For anyone that is interested, the DVLA has dropped the prices for many of its new plates down to £250 inc tax and assignment fee.

I've just picked up one for £250 that was £399 last week!

£250 is worth it, in my opinion, for an interesting plate (if that's your type of thing - if not don't criticise me!:D ).

Just thought I'd let you all know just in case you were on the market and £399 and above seemed like too much cash.

Regards,

KJ

I wonder how many people have had a look to see how much a plate is!

I'll post the one I have bought if anyone posts up theirs!

KJ

I had a quick look at some but they are still £799

There is one for my farther inlaw whos called Gibson and drives an ML

G18 SML £499

R600 0CH is available for £299 (my name R.Gooch) What reckon? Knobby or not?

A bit ... ;) :D

What about R60 OCH ?

I love personal plates myself !! :bannana:

Gucci

For the money its quite good.

Anyone that know's you its pretty obvious.

As above I like privates and have a few on rentention and even loaned out :)

Take it!

I bought KB55 AAB (KB 55AAB) or (KB'5 5AAB) for the 9-3 we are collecting tomorrow.

However, I was advised that I have taken out a contract with the Secretary of State and must not make the letter represent something that they are not.

Luckily this plate will look ok without illegal spacing.

Regards,

KJ

How long do you guys reckon it will be before someone comes along and shouts at us for buying private registrations and tells us theres nothing wrong with normal assigned VRM's?

:D

Sorry, I just had to say it!

KJ

Last edited:
A bit ... ;) :D

What about R60 OCH ?

Not available! My twin brother has S600 0CH on his TT. My cousin has C600 0CH on his Volvo...hmmmmm

KJ,

Someomne will be hear soon saying they don't undersatnd it or cannot see the point..

Their choice.. :)

Its out pennies and we can spend as we like.

If you want to get some plates made up www.fancyplates.com

post a pic with it in :) should look good

I don't mind the idea of private plates, I just don't know what I'd choose...

dave

I do quite like them but my initials are AM so I really can't get anything for a sensible price, and therefore don't bother.

I picked one up from DVLA recently for about £399 I think. Had it valued at £1200;) Nice return on the money in such a short space of time. Not selling yet though......

Woah. When the new plates first came out, my wife was going to buy me HU53AND. We both liked it, but decided against because it was £999.

They now want £3299 for it!

Woah. When the new plates first came out, my wife was going to buy me HU53AND. We both liked it, but decided against because it was £999.

They now want £3299 for it!

Shame you could have made a huge proffit there to offset the divorce cost, when the time came

Value of plates is or seems to be always sky high.

The companies that value them get a cut so then pay you the remaining monnies. If it ever sells at the price they ask is another thing. I have had a few valuations on various plates and if we would ever get it...then great.

I buy them as I like them and if they do go up then so be it...trouble is we only have two cars and I have too many plates to hence let other people use them (family)

At £250 all in there are some good plates to be had :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom