DVLA Reg not on database? Q

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

unit504

Car
A **** heap
Hi, was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question?

ive had a car sitting out side my house on different occasions now, always with two guys in it.
I did that Reg Check on the DVLA site and it said the following:

-----------------------

Services Provided By DVLA: DVLA

Vehicle details could not be found

As it has not been possible to locate the vehicle details, your enquiry cannot proceed and has been cancelled.

If you want to check the vehicle record held by DVLA...

-----------------------

So... i gave the local station a call, gave them the Reg number and they just said nothing to worry about its on our system.

how odd i thought as every other car down my street showed up on the DVLA Reg check.

Was this car a Police car or something else along them lines?

Unit504

It sounds like it's a 'blocked' plate - could be police, military, HMRC, SOCA, or any number of other HMG departments. They don't appear to be very discrete though :D

As a total guess it sounds as though someone near you might be a subject of a DHSS investigation & evidence collection - fradualent claims and suchlike.
This type of covert work is quite common nowadays.

As a total guess it sounds as though someone near you might be a subject of a DHSS investigation & evidence collection - fradualent claims and suchlike.
This type of covert work is quite common nowadays.

or, as they (used to?) say for the lottery... it could be you...

;)

If you look carefully, there is a camera mounted inside the car collecting evidences.

Make sure it not pointed toward your house. :D

i just thought it was odd, plus in the last few weeks we had a couple of daytime burglarys around here!!!

did you remember to renew your tele licence ??

argh lol, na no cameras from what i could see.
mmmm wonder who on the scam? they might be on that tv program lol.
Cant remeber the name of it at the moment, funny thing tho iwas watching it last night.

If you look carefully, there is a camera mounted inside the car collecting evidences.

Make sure it not pointed toward your house. :D

Only a very small point for your information..........;)
"House Breaking" is the official term for daytime theft from property.:(
"Burglary" is the official name for theft from propery during the hours of darkness.:mad:
Just so you know................:D

well i didnt know that :)

"Burglary" is the official name for theft from propery during the hours of darkness.:mad:

Thanks, I have just figured out how you can afford your car!!

LOL ! !! ! ! !

You might be wrong !

I did 7 years at college to get my qualifications and its taken a few years, but they are paying off now.
Hard work and long hours is the boring answer..............

Er Very Tall Dave...I think you'll find Burglary is Burglary whatever time of day it is perpetrated Burglary, differs only in the sub sections, Time of Day matters not.:rolleyes::)
Unless of course it has changed since I retired:bannana::rock:

http://www.wikicrimeline.co.uk/index.php?title=Burglary for easy reference.:)

(walks slowly away, hands clasped behind back, whistling http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/adults/dixon/dixon.wav );)

(You're nicked, Sunshine had in the dim past, been held as a caution at the central Criminal Court, in my time);):rock:

Er Very Tall Dave...I think you'll find Burglary is Burglary whatever time of day it is perpetrated Burglary, differs only in the sub sections, Time of Day matters not.:rolleyes::)
Unless of course it has changed since I retired:bannana::rock:

http://www.wikicrimeline.co.uk/index.php?title=Burglary for easy reference.:)

(walks slowly away, hands clasped behind back, whistling http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/adults/dixon/dixon.wav );)

(You're nicked, Sunshine had in the dim past, been held as a caution at the central Criminal Court, in my time);):rock:

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/1245192/housebreaking#tab=active~checked%2Citems~checked&title=housebreaking%20--%20Britannica%20Online%20Encyclopedia

Excerpt............
Burglary is defined as the breaking and entering of the premises of another with an intent to commit a felony within. In English common law, burglary consisted of breaking into a dwelling at night to commit a felony, and a separate offense of housebreaking covered daytime entries. In the 20th century, however, the term burglary generally became applied to break-ins committed at any hour of the day and at any fixed structure, vehicle, or vessel. Although the motivation of most burglars is theft, the intention to commit various other offenses converts a trespass into a burglary. For example, it is possible to commit burglary with the intention to rape.

Looks like I am behind the times.........Sorry.

Last edited:
Coming back to the original post, quite a few cars are not on the generally available reg register.
When I'm at the local car auction I use a service via my mobile phone to get prices (by entering number plate) and I'd say about one in 50 return as 'number plate not found'

They are doing this if not aim at your house, someone else

Anti-terrorism laws used to spy on noisy children

The Act gives councils the right to place residents and businesses under surveillance, trace telephone and email accounts and even send staff on undercover missions.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...orism-laws-used-to-spy-on-noisy-children.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom