DVLA strike again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No chance.

We had to change some details on the V5 for my dad's truck recently, when it was originally registered it appeared someone used the USArmy Part# rather than the correct chassis number.

Heard nothing back for ages, it wasn't until we chased it up that we were told for this sort of change they needed to see the vehicle. Explained that it was already in Italy and to bring it back would cost well over £1000 in fuel, it was agreed that we would provide hi-res photos as evidence. Evidence was accepted, V5 issued.

2 months later we get another letter saying they want to inspect the vehicle. Contacted them, explained situation and pointed out that they had already issued V5.

Last week, another letter demanding an inspection. I can't be bothered to reply anymore, the vehicle is in the process of being re-registered in Italy and will soon be marked as exported.

Bunch of f*cking monkeys, couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.

I've seen that Rangie knocking about when I was headed in to Chesterfield one night with a few friends, I thought it was brilliant to be fair doesn't cause me any offence!

DVLA have made a lot of money on behalf of society in general through selling vehicle registrations and in many instances the plate has considerably reduced effect unless spaced illegally......there is a lot of hypocrisy involved even though DVLA bring to the attention of buyers what the law is on displaying of plates. DVLA know full well that the plates are likely to be displayed illegally......why does it matter so long as there has been no attempt to corrupt the reading of the plate with screw heads and bringing 1s and 3s etc. to form a letter/number?......a little more honesty and a reality check by DVLA would help a lot.

Now......they sell a man a plate (use of actually) who displays it in the legal format......someone ''chooses'' to be offended and DVLA want their plate back. It is all total ''bollux'' but I have little doubt that they have the legal right to withdraw any plate at any time if they so choose.

It is easy to be offended if you seek to be offended.

Mic

It is unfortunate , but the best outcome will be for him to negotiate a 'better' plate in compensation .

Didn't the Sex Pistols argue the case in court that Bo11ocks is an olde English word?

Im not sure he has any legal right to challenge.. IIRC the dvla owns all plates and numbers, when you buy a number it is simply a right to display it so legally there is no case AFAIK.

Yup, it's "right to display" and it says this at the bottom:

'This particular registration plate has been withdrawn, therefore it is an
offence for the driver to still be displaying it. He would receive a refund for the plate.'

I think it would not be unreasonable to expect reimbursement for any costs also - documentation change fees (if any are charged) and a new set of plates basically.

What a shower of C11 NTS

Or he could get P12 ATS

Then again maybe a well known tyre company has that .

Mike Dickin (RIP) had a segment of his radio show dedicated to words and the bloke he had on had written a book about words and this is what he said about the word in question ...

in a monastry when older monks would see trainee monks all huddled together studying the bible they would refer to the young monks as "talking bo11ocks"

thats a fact and ive told many people and no one has as yet come up with any proof that the bloke was wrong

im being serious

he needs to tell the DVLA to go S11 KIT

I think it would not be unreasonable to expect reimbursement for any costs also - documentation change fees (if any are charged) and a new set of plates basically.

He might well be thinking F11CKU but I think he's got no option it seems.

I think they sent him some new plates and he sent them back!

I wonder if there is any recourse under the sales of goods act, as they have basically sold him an item that is not fit (useable) for the purpose for which it was sold.

I don't see the problem. He bought the temporary use of a "unique" plate, now the DVLA have withdrawn the right to use that plate (as specified in the terms and condiitions) and are willing to substitute another, equally unique, plate.

Can someone please explain for the hard of understanding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom