DVLA Swansea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
A quick, urgent, question.

Does anyone know if I can get a replacement V5 at the DVLA in Swansea?

I know they closed all their regional offices, but can I drive to Swansea to get a one in the same day?

I've somehow managed to misplace the V5 for my car... and leaving Saturday.

M.

I plan to - but quite stressed now and wondering if I should just drive there now and be there in person when they open... as it's a 3-4 hour drive, would rather avoid doing it if they don't see people...

GAAAAAHHHH!!! 8 months of preparations and I misplace something so obviously important!

I doubt they print them & hand them out. I suspect they will generate a request and it'll be printed & posted by an automated system elsewhere

Nick Froome

Sadly, I think so too after a lot of reading last night. Grumble, they used to just print them out and hand them over when they had the regional offices. :'(

FOUND IT!!!

Stupidest place ever too... in the scanner. Ugh! Pretty much tore my house apart looking for it. 2 evening left to pack before leaving.

M.

Well done finding it! I did that once with my passport! We were due to go to Russia in a couple of days and I couldn't find it anywhere. Turned up in the car as I'd gone to Staples to photocopy it a few days before!! Was I relieved!!!

By the way, on your Mongol Rally, will you be passing through Russia at all?

Reason I ask is a few years ago we crossed paths with some English guys in an old Peugeot in the town we live in while in Russia doing a Mongol Rally! Seems the route went right through Vladimir! Had a fascinating chat with the guys before they left for Nizhny Novgorod and beyond! They finshed the Rally and the car was sold in Ulan Batar for charity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom