DVLA Website advising 'Remain'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No its not fair, as those in favour of Brexit are not given the same chance to put their case in Government dept websites and leaflets.
It's pretty obvious that Cameron and the majority of the Tories want us to stay in the EU (to continue to feather their own nests), but to keep reminding us that we will be visited by the plague and other such nonsense by leaving is clearly scaremongering without a shadow of proof.
The electorate will decide, without sneaky reminders from the Conservatives frightened to death we will actually vote to leave.

Not fair in my opinion and any politicians this desperate worries me.

If we stay in we may as well get rid of them all and hand control over to Brussels.

We could save a fortune and would not have to listen to their sel serving dialogue.

Rant over

It ought to be remembered that the EU is the last line of defence against the most pernicious and destructive terrorist organisation of them all - The British Government.

Remember all that panic about the Millennium Bug!

That aside, wrong to use a Government site like this.

Is this sort of thing within the rules??!

Its ok by me.

The government are advising of the election and setting out their reasons as to why we should stay. You don't have to read it but you can and disagree if you wish.

Unfair?!!! Did you miss unelected queen bitch getting her way re the outcome of the Scottish independence referendum?

Not fair in my opinion and any politicians this desperate worries me.

If we stay in we may as well get rid of them all and hand control over to Brussels.

We could save a fortune and would not have to listen to their sel serving dialogue.

Rant over

Merkel is running Europe not Brussels. Didn't she threaten to punish countries not accepting enough immigrants?

Is the referendum like the Electoral College in the US, where they interpret the results that best suit the country, even if it is at odds with the popular opinion?

Wouldn't it be ironic if Cameron has a veto on the decision, so if the rest of us want to brexit, he can use his veto to stay.

To be honest, I don't know which way to vote. There's been so much scare mongering that we are doomed if we remain and doomed if we leave.

(Is it true that if we leave the EU, there will be mass unemployment, the NHS will shut down, Tuition Fees will quadruple and and Jeremy Kyle will be crowned King of England?)

The anarchist in me wants to vote Leave.

What do you expect it is the government,just go out and vote OUT that is all you can do,but if people do vote to stay a lot of people will pull the self destruct button and vote out Conservative MP's even if they wanted out,we will vote Labour and let the good times roll for a couple of years,we might as well have a good time until we get the bill,or the EU emplodes

What do you expect it is the government,just go out and vote OUT that is all you can do,but if people do vote to stay a lot of people will pull the self destruct button and vote out Conservative MP's even if they wanted out,we will vote Labour and let the good times roll for a couple of years,we might as well have a good time until we get the bill,or the EU emplodes

Well, I suppose you must understand what you mean to say.

Its ok by me.

The government are advising of the election and setting out their reasons as to why we should stay. You don't have to read it but you can and disagree if you wish.

Where is the other point of view to balance that?

This is the opinion of some of those in Government, not all.

By all means remind folk of the referendum.

(Is it true that if we leave the EU, there will be mass unemployment, the NHS will shut down, Tuition Fees will quadruple and and Jeremy Kyle will be crowned King of England?)

You crown him " King of England" if you want. As long as he stays south of the border that'll be fine with us.

There's a Belgium guy here in Oxford who I had a nice chat with over the possibility of Exit. His opinion was...good riddance. He says the majority of Euros a fed up with the negative attitude of the English. NO to every proposal is the impression given by HMG. I asked him what he thought might happen if there were a 54% vote to stay in? Impossible situation to have the UK remain was his thoughts. If 46% of a population are unhappy with the status quo the EU should ask them to leave.

Chance would be a fine thing :devil:

Just clicked on a Government Website https://www.gov.uk/

about Vocational Licences and I got this link at the top of the page!!

https://www.eureferendum.gov.uk/

Is that fair??!!

That stinks!!!!

So you visited the government website and found a link to another website explaining the government's official position on the EU referendum.
No disrespect...but what is so outrageous about it?
Does gov.uk normally host any links to anti-government websites?

what we all have to remember is the elected members of parliament are there to represent their constituency not to provide their own personal views how many have asked our views

what we all have to remember is the elected members of parliament are there to represent their constituency not to provide their own personal views

Has anyone told them that?

what we all have to remember is the elected members of parliament are there to represent their constituency not to provide their own personal views how many have asked our views

I think you'll find that's the point of a referendum. :)

Has anyone told them that?

I keep sending my local MP the FairFuelUK emails asking about the reduction of fuel duty. Haven't had one reply yet.

When has a government actually listened to the masses? I am sure that they are of the belief that only they know how to run the country, and that we don't have that same intellectual capacity, being mere peasants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom