dx vs non-dx

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

league67

Car
E 270CDI aka Gunther
What is the difference between dx and non-dx command units

I didn't think there were any non-DX comand units.

Shude said:
I didn't think there were any non-DX comand units.

The first comand units were non-DX units. The very early ones could not be upgraded to DX but later ones could. Not sure what the model numbers were though.

Thanx for the info guys. But whats the functional difference between the two?

Regards

DX uses different mapping discs - that have to be "DX" compatible !

(Blaupunkt Travelpilot 'DX' etc. etc.) - otherwise, no idea what the difference is - probably better mapping / more detail, etc.

S.

VBD said:
The first comand units were non-DX units. The very early ones could not be upgraded to DX but later ones could. Not sure what the model numbers were though.
I think the early s-class comand units were non-DX, but the comand 2.0 units are all DX right?

Shude said:
I think the early s-class comand units were non-DX, but the comand 2.0 units are all DX right?

Partly right Shude, but the first w210 Comand 2.0 units were also non-DX. Some could not be upgraded with the software update (MY00 and MY01) to be DX compatable. Again I cannot remember the part numbers of these nonDX comands.

DX is a different form of compression mechanism Algorithm that allowed Blaupunkt/Teleatlas to increase the detail of the mapping and or info on the disc.

VBD said:
DX is a different form of compression mechanism Algorithm that allowed Blaupunkt/Teleatlas to increase the detail of the mapping and or info on the disc.

ah at last :)

Am I right to think that all comand's are tmc capable with the right (tmc) cd ?

league67 said:
Am I right to think that all comand's are tmc capable with the right (tmc) cd ?

All DX CD Based COMANDs are capable - with the Teleatlas 2004 DX (TMC) Disc.

S.

sym said:
All DX CD Based COMANDs are capable - with the Teleatlas 2004 DX (TMC) Disc.

S.

Gotta love the forum, thx Sym, (btw went other way around 523se > 320clk) :D

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom