Dye recommendations for MB velour mats please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

24 VRT

Car
'99 S210 E320CDI A/garde - gone to a better place.. Now '09 S211 E320CDI Sport.
Managed to pick up a set of genuine MB velour mats which, whilst used, are in good condition and at £18 delivered were great value. Only modest heel wear in the accelerator pedal area on the driver's mat.
However, they are anthracite colour and so I will need to dye them black to match my upholstery colour. I need something that will not need heat application to set the dye, and once applied it needs to be colour fast, particularly if they get wet. Retaining the original softness of the material is also important.

I've found this Material Dye Spray Paints - Fabric Spray
which seems to fit the bill, but before I buy it has anyone any other products they have used and can recommend? I know Autoglym do a black dye spray, but there have been online user reviews that have suggested that its not 100% colour fast. I think the AG product, and similar ones aimed at the car market, may be primarily for colouring upholstery with a short pile and/or parcel shelves etc., and hence won't work so well with the longer pile of the MB velour mats. Given the size of the front mats, a Dylon washing machine wash-in type product would be difficult to use.

Thoughts/suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom