Dynamic Handling Package - E Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scooby_Doo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Macan S
Has anybody got this feature and how effective is it ?? My C207 has 19" alloys and on some roads it would be nice to soften the suspension somewhat. Although MB have added 19" alloys to all C207's they still list the DHP as an extra @ £550. I've just found the only C207 (E400 excluded) I've seen with DHP in over two years of looking on the MB website and I'm tempted to swop mine for it.

cheaper to swap your 19" alloys to 18" alloys instead?

:thumb: I've had the car over 2 years now and getting the usual "itchy feet". Two big problems -
I've looked at various other cars from Merc,Audi,BMW and Jaguar and nothing is even remotely (New XF maybe) tempting me away from getting another "E" Coupe, and secondly without the 19's it doesn't look like the same car.
Not in a rush to change but need to do it before the VED rules come into force next year, hopefully by then there'll be more details about the new coupe which will probably make the decision even harder.

Looked at the "C" coupe but rear seat room is restricted and I'm not that keen on the overall shape, looks too much like a coupe !!
Also price wise at the moment the "E" is much cheaper than the "C" until the new "E" comes out.

OK, so no surprise about no replies from E coupe owners, it's a rarely spec'd option :confused:
Anybody got it fitted to any other model ?

I have an E coupe with 19's like you, it came with continentals fitted, which like you I found a bit bumpy, and on some surfaces noisey,, I needed to replace the tyres just before last Christmas and bought Dunlop Sportmaxx, which I think softened the ride , and quietened the road noise a bit, because of the softer compound, got a good price off Love Tyers I think it was on the internet, and got them fitted locall, cheaper than DPH, ;)
PS what new VED rules ?

I have it on my e350 coupe and I very rarely use it. The only time I use it is if I'm in an area where there are a lot of fast roundabouts or when I'm trying to get off the line quickly (on the 350 it pulls away in second gear, when in sport mode it selects first gear)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have an E coupe with 19's like you, it came with continentals fitted, which like you I found a bit bumpy, and on some surfaces noisey,, I needed to replace the tyres just before last Christmas and bought Dunlop Sportmaxx, which I think softened the ride , and quietened the road noise a bit, because of the softer compound, got a good price off Love Tyers I think it was on the internet, and got them fitted locall, cheaper than DPH,
wink.gif

PS what new VED rules ?
Still got the original continentals on the front but I fitted Goodyear Asymmetrics on the rear , used them before and they're quieter and softer.

I don't have dhp but only have 18's in mine and have never considered it a harsh ride. I actually think it's softer than previous c class amg spit + saloon also on 18's. I know they don't fill the arches quite so well as 19's but harsh to say doesn't look like same car.

harsh to say doesn't look like same car
OK , I'll go with "don't quite fill the arches as well ".:thumb:
Generally the ride is fine on 19" but there are some stretches of road locally where DHP would make a big different.

I don't have dhp but only have 18's
I thought that all AMG Sport Plus's had 19" Bi colour AMG alloys ??

Last edited:
Scooby_Doo said:
OK , I'll go with "don't quite fill the arches as well ".:thumb: Generally the ride is fine on 19" but there are some stretches of road locally where DHP would make a big different. I thought that all AMG Sport Plus's had 19" Bi colour AMG alloys ??
no, c class had 18's

Your avatar looks like an E coupe, didn't notice the C 220 sport plus underneath. Must pay more attention.:doh:

Hi just took bought a new e400 coupe on Wednesday I think it has this package, it does have a button on the centre consol with a picture of a damper on it. I have not tried it yet but plan to tomorrow.mine has the 3.5 engine and it is pretty nippy ( only done 50 miles in it so far) but will give it a good test tomorrow and see what it's like in sports mode.anyone know if there is a sports exhaust available out there for my car?.

3.5 engine and it is pretty nippy
:D
I've always assumed that you could soften/harden the suspension settings the same as my Passat CC but from what I can gather you can only stiffen the ride with DHP.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I have it on the E500 C207, its pretty useful but the button would be better on the steering wheel. Comfy barge with it off, and firm with it on.

I have 18s. I wouldn't like 19s on a Mercedes.

Don't have a problem with the 19" most of the time but it would be nice to have the option of softening the ride on some of the badly surfaced roads that I encounter occasionally.

Hey,
E coupe
E350
I optioned the Dynamic Handling Package because it was only £500.

Better throttle response, Stiffer suspension that you can notice (I've done numinous of tests), and gears change faster when using the paddles.

For some people they probably won't even notice much difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom