dynamic Led indicators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rom1

Car
Mercedes c220d cabriolet
I ordered these off Ali Express, Ordered on 6th June arrived 29th June, Problems:
The connectors on the lights are too small for the wiring plug from car to fit.
No blue wire to connect to Puddle lights when car is unlocked in the dark.

Seller refunded said not to send back, in my boredom I decided to chop the housing off for the connector making a bigger gap for Mercedes wiring plug - still did not work although it fits the connector, so turned it the plug upside down to change polarity off plug as it is LED. it works but now the housing is chopped off the plug will not stay in place so I hot glued and gaffer taped the plug in place and did the same on other side. All working now apart from not blue light when unlocking at night as the blue wire is not attached to light, I can live with this as these have not cost anything as too how long they will last I have no idea which is why I'm keeping the original lights safe in case I need to put them back in.

It would have been nice and well worth the £23 if they worked straight out the box with the blue light and were plug and play.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Video is unavailable/private

Not bad for a freebie! At least you got it to work

yes all working, I thought before I bin them might as well have a go and see if i can get the plug to make contact, once its all glued in place its secure enough and cant tell from the outside. personally they look really good and make an impact compared to standard ones but I wouldn't want to pay the £40-£50 for ones from UK, as they more than likely come from China and an ebay seller adds on a few quid.

Yes they are likely to be the same product, just marked up to cover the seller's fees and a bit of profit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom