Dynamic Range Adjustment - what is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkP80

Car
ML350 Grand Edition
Hi all,

MrsP's ML has bi-xenon headlamps with Active Light System. This is described as having dynamic range adjustment, but I can't see anywhere in the manual what this actually does. Can anyone tell me please?:dk:

The headlamps go up and down when the engine is started before settling at a mid-point. Our drive is on a bit of a slope - I presume this won't affect where it sets itself to?

Many thanks,
MarkP

Hi,
"dynamic Range Adjustment" is the Auto levelling system for the Xenon headlights.

Thanks for the replies guys. I hadn't seen the video, but I had an idea about the lights turning when you go round a bed. It was the Dynamic Range Adjustment specifically that I wasn't familiar with, so it was interesting to hear that it is an auto levelling sytem.

Thanks,
MarkP

Hi,
"dynamic Range Adjustment" is the Auto levelling system for the Xenon headlights.

I think it is clever than that, the light pattern adjusts according to speed, and the aim changes with steering.

My Vauxhall has that system, its impressive, and makes standard MB xenon lights seem ordinary.

Auto-levelling is standard on all Xenon HID cars in the UK, afaik...

But some manufacturers added computer wizardry to the basic setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom