dynamic seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBZE55

Car
E55k
had the E55K , for a couple of weeks , and sorted most teething problems , CD changer linkage/motor/door repaired , gearbox oil changed , new AGM batteries , now about to tackle the inoperative dynamic seats , the switch & pulse switches light up but nothing happens. Done some research and there appears to be a pump and vacuum tank in the nsr of the boot quarter panel , has anyone had any experience with repairing the dynamic seats , does the car have to go on the star diagnostics or could there be a fuse/relay issue ?

Normally the pump is malfunctioning. You can get a replacement pump but it is very expensive.

Best thing is to take the pump out and examine it, I had to replace mine as the plastic housing has melted (due to overheating) so was leaking air.

No need for star to replace it, might need to clear the error codes once a replacement pump is installed.

My pump motor is fine and if you need, more than welcome to have it, just pay for postage

211?

seats leak from underneath ive read. Where the pipe enters the seat. Mine works sometimes. The pulse is a waste of time imho. Then after you use it for a few times, the novelty wears off.

bizzarely, i have dynamic seats, but not heated, let alone cooled. Why would you order a xx,000 pound option on seats, but not the 100 quid heater option? Weird.

Normally the pump overheats due to a leak or due to the blowoff valve failure. Mine was due to the blowoff valve failure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom