Dynavin DVN-MBE-MOST (Android)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

1scotty

Car
CLS55 AMG
Hi just had the Dynavin DVN-MBE-MOST (Android) fitted to my CLS55 AMG. So far everything seems to be working fine except the 3G connection. The unit comes with a usb Wi-Fi dongle that connects to my home Wi-Fi when parked on the driveway which is fine but the unit also comes with the 3g apposition. So i bought a BT 3G dongle with SIM card and connected it to the usb port and hit the 3g connect button but all i get is a message say connection failed. Has anyone got this fitted and knows how to resolve this issue.
Thanks
Gerry

You have to setup the connection access point details in android. You also need to make sure the 3g dongle you have will work. From my experience with getting 3g dongles to work on android tablet they are fussy as to what will work and also may require some modification as by default when the dongle is plugged into a USB port it will try to auto start the install cd you need to disable this. Did you check with them which dongles will work?

Alternative way to do it would have been to use your mobile as a wifi hotspot, you then wouldnt need the 3g dongle.

Last edited:
Thanks,
my iPhone wont allow tethering so going to try setting up a hotspot in car with a MIFI Dongle.
Cheers
Gerry

Just jumping into this thread, but can anyone let me know how an aftermarket HU such as Dynavin works with the rest of the car?

I assume the MOST version sends the audio signals to the car's built-in amp over the fibre optics, but in my car I use Comand to e.g. set the clock and I'm sure there's other car specific stuff that it handles, i.e. nothing to do with audio, video, nav etc. so what happens when Comand is replaced by a Dynavin? How are those additional functions performed?

As above any pics too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom