Dynavin instal in a 2003 CLK W209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dave....

Phew...eventually got round to installing it today!

I connected the iPod cable but havent tried that yet.

So i paired my iPhone 4 (iOS 5) using the Bluetooth screen and it plays well. Couple of issues though when streaming via Bluetooth:

- when playing music, then switching to Navi or another function such as the Main menu even, music stops/pauses. The music starts again when returning to the Bluetooth screen. Maybe this is a compatibility issue with the iPhone. Byw, does this happen also when using the USB port and iPod cables?...or does the music continue when in Navi?
- Whilst the telephone controls work on the wheel when i'm paired using Bluetooth, the messages indicated on the dash says something like 'feature not installed/available'...but the phone buttons do actually work! Do you get the same messages?

One other discovery...even though I dont have a a parking camera installed, when I shift into Reverse, the Dynavin goes into Reverse Camera mode (showing a blank black screen, stopping music etc), until I shift out of Reverse! Is that normal?

First impressions...I'm sure many will follow. Btw...did you get your iPod working ok?

Am considering buying one of these myself for a pre-facelift W209 CLK55...... did these minor issues get resolved with a firmware/software upgrade?

Am seeing a fair few Comand 2.0's availalbe nowadays for around the £300 mark. Would you still say it's worth £650 for what you get?

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom