Dynavin install

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theburger

I have just finished the install of a Dynavin D99 system in my W203 eatste.

Here are a few pictures. I am working on a custom install location for my iphone 4, in the cup holder/ cigarette lighter pocket, pictures to follow.

I am also looking a the reversing camera, just trying to work out the best place to mount it.

dynavin1.JPG

dynavin2.JPG

dynavin3.JPG

Looks nice and tidy. How long did it take you?

Looks nice and tidy. How long did it take you?

Thanks

The unit is very easy plug and play. It takes longer to take the consol off than anything else. I had problems removing the vents as the screws would not undo, so had to drill them out. I ran the usb and ipod cables under the trim to the armrest. GPS ariel took 5 minutes, so did the microphone.

All in all I would say that it could be done in a couple of hours if you get all the information for removing bits before hand. Getting the features to work is sometimes not as simple because there is a complete lack installation in the manual.

Installing the reversing camera will take a while and I will run cables for the freeview ariel at the same time.

Red Hill is a suburb of Canberra - are you in Oz?

Do the steering wheel buttons still work with this beast? Can you have the radio or CD on while using the nav?

Red Hill is a suburb of Canberra - are you in Oz?

Do the steering wheel buttons still work with this beast? Can you have the radio or CD on while using the nav?

No I am in Hampshire mate.

The steering wheel controls work for the volume, telephone answer and hangup. It will also change tracks on the Ipod. It does not seem to change tracks on the music player in the Android section. Have not tried a cd in it yet. I would assume the changing of tracks function will work in the main section of the interface but not in the android side. It will also change radio stations.

Hope that all make sense.

Yes you can have music playing with sat nav on and I think you can mute the voice as well.

Nice looking head unit and a goo installation job. Look forward to the reverse camera post.

No I am in Hampshire mate.

The steering wheel controls work for the volume, telephone answer and hangup. It will also change tracks on the Ipod. It does not seem to change tracks on the music player in the Android section. Have not tried a cd in it yet. I would assume the changing of tracks function will work in the main section of the interface but not in the android side. It will also change radio stations.

Hope that all make sense.

Yes you can have music playing with sat nav on and I think you can mute the voice as well.

What do you get in the instrument cluster display for phone and audio?

What do you get in the instrument cluster display for phone and audio?

I will check properly tomorrow and let you know.

I know you get radio station names, when connected to Ipod, it just says Ipod, Not really looked at it with the phone.

I checked the telephone this morning and it displays who you are called or being called by on the instument cluster. Tried a test of using my iphone to call out and the unit switched from music to telephone screen and straight through the speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom