Dynavin Radio

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by G11NNR, Dec 10, 2014.

1. G11NNR

G11NNR New Member

Car:
    Mercedes C class W203 estate
    I've searched the forum and I've come across a few things, the ariel is in the back, is that a good place to have it? is the ariel for the tv, GPS and radio? the radio is really bad and I ended up buying a CD at a service station on the way home. I don't want to pull the unit out but should there be a separate arlel for the radio? the TV doesn't work either but will I need to tune it to get a reception? is it freeview that it should pick up?
    Thanks again
    Gunners

2. markmifsud

markmifsud Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK320 CAB (A208) 02
    You have not said what model you have so how would anyone know if you had analogue or a digital tuner?

My Kenwood, being a digital tuner required separate antenna for the TV. You have to remember that your radio is not a stock fitting so it is not safe to assume anything.

3. OP
    OP
    G11NNR

G11NNR New Member

Car:
    Model

Sorry markmifsud, the car is a 2005 C class estate and the head unit is a dynavin MBC, I don't know if its a digital or analogue system.

4. markmifsud

markmifsud Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK320 CAB (A208) 02
  5. OP
    OP
    G11NNR

G11NNR New Member

Car:
    Just been checking that again and it says tv and DAB is an optional extra so I'll have to check now to see if it's fitted. The Sat nav thing is a bit confusing as when I phoned a dealer they said it wasn't an N6 but an older version and could only run on IGO 8.
    Thanks

6. Dollarbill

Dollarbill New Member

Car:
    CLS 320
    As Markmifsud said, the TV and dab were options, very few people buy the options! You will probably have analogue tv tuner but not digital. I have the TV option on one of mine but hardly ever use it as I usually use DVD player. If you do have the option installed it will be free view.

Normal Radio should work off original aerial connection.

Sat nav is on its own cable and will be small square box possible under dash if you can't see it anywhere.

If you wanted to add TV and or DAB you can purchase these (cheaper from China) and they just plug in the back of your unit. Nothing complicated about these units, the hardest part is undoing the screws to take it out!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
Tags: