Dynavin.

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by tanuie, Jan 8, 2017.

1. tanuie

tanuie Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E Class AMG 3.5 Coupe
    Hi, Having gone on about Chinese sat nav's, i have come across this.

Dynavin N6-CLK NTG/COMAND-Style Sat-Nav/iPod/Bluetooth/DVD/USB/SD Mercedes W209 | eBay

I realise it is more expensive than some of the other Chinese satnav's, so does this make it any better than the cheaper ones.
    I have always slagged off these satnav's but i am trying to get one that look's like a Comand.
    Many thanks.

2. bob6600

bob6600 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
    For that sort of money I would go with a branded (Pioneer, Alpine etc) double din but I appreciate you want it to look like the original.

Can you retrofit a later version to your car? maybe ask Comand.co.uk?

1 person likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    tanuie

tanuie Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E Class AMG 3.5 Coupe
    Hi, thanks for the reply, I know comand at Surrey are very good, but they are to expensive for my taste.

4. l5foye

l5foye Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    ML 300CDI
    To answer your original question, in my opinion the Dynavin is no better than the other Chinese makes. The additional cost is not justified. I have 2 Chinese sat navs from other manufacturers (one in a ML and the other in a BMW). They both work perfectly and in some respects are better than Comand. The last one I got is made by Hualingan (based in Shenzhen in China). I have to own up and say I was guided in my purchases by my wife who is Chinese and from Shenzhen. If you decide to buy from China, make sure you ask for it to be sent as a gift or sample.

Sprint-Man and tanuie like this.
  5. dejongj

dejongj Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    GLC43 AMG
    For that price it is way too much. I've got a blue pumpkin for my audi and including DAB tuner it was was only about £220. When I looked into it there are only 2 or 3 manufacturers but many different brands and resellers. And some resellers truly take the Micky.

1 person likes this.
  6. scgfull

scgfull Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E350 Bluetec Night Edition Estate & CLK 350 Cabriolet AMG Sport
    I too have been looking at the dynavin for my CLK, of all the Chinese units I have looked at the Dynavin has the best user interface, some of the the cheaper ones are awful.

So, in my opinion, If original looks are important and you want a good screen display, I would recommend the Dynavin.

Steve

Sprint-Man and tanuie like this.
  7. bob6600

bob6600 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
    1 person likes this.
Tags: